Jump to content

xyber

Members
  • Content Count

    2,551
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xyber

  1. Remove grille and use an extension bar, a UJ and a deep socket on a wrench and be very careful not to strip the threads. If that's still too tight you could undo the slam panel bolts and pull it forwards just enough probably
  2. Dodgy alternator, check what power it's kicking out
  3. Imagine trying to concentrate on the game as a player and you have that noise defening you constantly!! Does it happen when South Africa play I wonder?
  4. Yeah pump looks right from what I remember, just a different electrical connector, but mine was from TPS
  5. I've noticed Mitsi Evos now have normal front plates. They used to have square ones from the dealer, so maybe they've changed the rules? You could print this pic out incase you get pulled haha
  6. My new one fitted perfectly, no plug problems. Possibly the wrong one It's held on by a rubber hoop bracket that it just pushes into. And yes you need it, it cools the engine uniformly and stops it warping or even cracking over time
  7. Me again haha gear linkage bush is a fairly common problem and a cheap and easy fix, less than £10 for the repair kit at GSF I've heard. The old ones crumble over time and cause it to slop around making gears abit hit and miss to find or sometimes even undrivable Have a look at the gearbox mount and see if it looks like it's leaking Do a clutch test, 30mph 5th gear, what happens, stuttering, stalling or pulling is ok, if the revs pick up easily the clutch is going Transmission fluid may need a change. That's most of the normal things I can think of off the top of my head
  8. xyber

    12v or 24v?

    Different plastic engine cover, same engine
  9. There's loads around my way. I think there's 4 on my way to work in the mornings, lowered, banded steels or borbet A's, normally driven by an emo haha
  10. xyber

    12v or 24v?

    Vr6 means a narrow angle V6. Narrow angle allows the use of a single head instead of the conventional dual head V6. So you have the mk3 VR6 12v, and then the mk4 VR6's, the 24v 4motion and R32 I think some early mk4s or US spec were also 12v aswell, not 100% which it is
  11. Get some vids up mate!! I want to hear the wooooossshhh!
  12. THIS EVENT HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE VENUE PULLING OUT! see link for details http://www.swdubs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6648
  13. Mine used to pick up really fine metal dust, so that was enough to justify £12 on it, every little helps. The filter does the bulk of the work, but the magnet is a good way to visually monitor what happened.
  14. Don't see the point in that? It keeps bay temps down amd looks tidy I suppose, but the time 7ft of tuning gets up to pressure and low pressure at that, must be nuts. If you wanted to run 2 huge turbos In a cramped V8 I can see the point, but a single average size turbo like that would just be better all round fitted in the usual way
  15. I've seen it a few times now, they do a similar setup on the Caddy CTSV. I'd call it a last resort if you really wanted to fit turbos that much. Imagine the plumbing underneath the car!!!
  16. Vealige is selling some R32 coilovers cheapy cheap
  17. Nope, well worth getting, you be surprised what it picks up
  18. 2 RCA is normally full range and dedicated sub out. A single RCA is normally full range source that the amp the processes via crossovers and distributes mid and high to speakers and low to the sub. If not and you need splitters you need to either adjust via the amp crossovers if you can or fit inline passive crossovers, which are pretty shit. It may be best to invest in a new amp that will do what you want with what's available, rather than making an amp work how you want with bits and pieces that generally degrade the sound quality
  19. Is that red silicone sealer around the heat exchanger cap? BODGE!!!!! :-)
  20. xyber

    268s

    because then you know it's solid and you won't have to be cracking it open again any time soon and all the shiney new hardware can bed in with each other then.
×
×
  • Create New...