i got the quarter mile at pod down to 14.1 @ 98mph

it would hit the rev limit in 5th from a standing start in 30 secs

the guy who bought it off me stripped in more and had it timed at york raceway:

0-60 5.22

0-80 8.9

0-100 14.0

he also managed to get the quarter mile down to 13.89 @ 99

as u can imagine it was a good bit of fun lol,cant believe how quick it was

so what have u guys and gals owned in the past?

I had a monza blue mk2 16v that had the mk3 ABF 2 litre engine in (built by and bought off PETESVW). it destroyed (standard) VR's up until high revs when the 6 cylinder power just about took over. I never got the BHP as it had a leaking injector when it took it to be dyno tested but it was very rapid. Had to sell it though, it was far too low and too noisey. A mate bought it only for a pis@ed up bloke in a supra to rip it in half!! What a waste of a car! That said I love my VR (second quickest car I've had)!!!

Having had a 1.3 polo coupe S, a 1.6 golf driver, three 8V GTI's one of which was K-Jet and was actually surprisingly quick for an 8 valve and am now on my second VR having put my last one in the woods. My current VR is marginaly quicker off the mark than my last one as its got a sorted suspention setup so its much easier to get the power down than with standard suspention.

audi s2 avant with 274+bhp,then there was the audi s3 2002 model totaly std.,the fastes front wheel driven vr i had was the first one i had,2.9 tsr with big valve head hartmann exhaust 197bhp 267nm(std. cams),the one i have now the syncro goes pretty well there is no probs in showing 230km/h on the speedo,and at 200 one the speedo it actuly goes 210km/h,so it min goes 230km/h @6000rpm,my s2 could show 270 no probs,the s3 did 260 one std. wheels 250-255km/h with 8.5*18.

the slowest car i have had is a golf 4 gti turbo it only went 210km/h one the speedo with 17",with the 16" it went 220-225km/h.

Fiat 126 700cc (SN) (Blew up), Austin Metro 1000cc (tu) (Blew up), Pug 405 1900cc :-* (rolled 360!), VW Golf Mk2 1800GL (u) (uneconomical repair after dopey mrs smashed wing), Nissan Bluebird 1600cc (sold to a Grandad), Laguna 2000cc (sold to another grandad), Golf VR6!!!!!, next one hopefully another V6 VW maybe a Rado I like but the mrs wants another Golf but younger one.

mine has to be my 4x4 cosworth with nearly 400bhp RIP' date=' u could launch it down the road with all 4 wheels smoking! (ci) never lost one race (apart from my m8s cossy with 550bhp!!)

[/quote']

u dont live round stoke do ya?

Hmmmm? The Vr is the quickest i've owned- over about 60! , below that my heavily tuned mini cooper would of had it. It had the legs on a WRX scooby up to about 80 when i changed to 4th(lowered gearing/diff)

My mate has a mitsubushi legnum(gallant) VR4, tweeked slightly,about 330bhp, just pulls away from the Vr6 steadily :@

To compare though, my suzuki RF900 only had to short shift to keep up with it! - So, the fastest car i've owned is my old RF900 :-p

Definitely has to be my VR. Easily keeps pace with my mate's late model S3 and easily beats my mate who has a tuned clio williams. It's a pure monster at full revs. Although I love it cos you can cruise just as easily and its so exclusive and classy too...hardly ever see golf vr6's on the road nor R32's for that matter.

My vr feels the quickest after about 60ish cos it wont stop pulling' date=' i used to own a clio 16 with a williams lump in too, it was rapid and a 306gti-6 with throttle bodies and a few other stuff just didnt feel safe in it(monkey metal french shitbox!!!!!)

[/quote']

(monkey metal french shitbox!!!!!)

LMFAO ;)