My Black Vr6 3.2, Recaro CS, TT dash, Next stop VW Days :-)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So today I managed to get stuck in with fitting the rest of the interior, Front door cards all fitted with new door card clips, Next up was to remove the existing dashboard To make way for this,

As some members already are aware I had a very special interior lined up which I collected on Friday. I took the long drive up to Dunfermline to pick this cargo up which ended up in a 1200 mile round

Just to keep this alive, not many updates to speak of other than it's running superb, Attended ultimate dubs back in March and took the trip over to Dubshed in April, here's a few pics from the past

Posted Images

Ok another problem update, ;(

Heater matrix went yesterday, ordered a replacement and hopefully will try to replace at the weekend, Defo not a job i was hoping i would need to do... losing the love now,,

Will let you know how i get on...prob with problem pics lol

Dude I just saw your add for sale on piston heads ' date=' whats up ?

[/quote']

just losing the love of throwing £££ at it every month, I wish it was a 2nd car just for fun but cant stretch to that at the moment, As an everyday car i need it to be solid but i guess im a fair way in replacing alot of parts....if i dare say that ,

maybe i will re evaluate after it is fixed if i can manage to replace the matrix...

even held off paying for dub aid tickets at the moment, maybe i will find the love again soon :S

Your welcome to come up to mine and i could help you with the heater matrix if you want , I understand how you feel I got like that a while back but im not using mine as a daily anymore , well if you need help just shout

fix the matrix and feel the love IFyou get 1800 youll be lucky ..dont mean to sound harsh mate but 97 highlines are going for that kind oif money and what you goin to get with that sort of dosh thats anywhere near the same league mate,the time and effort thats gone into her is immense and you know you'll regret it if you have to watch her drive off into the cornish sunset ..

fix the matrix and feel the love IFyou get 1800 youll be lucky ..dont mean to sound harsh mate but 97 highlines are going for that kind oif money and what you goin to get with that sort of dosh thats anywhere near the same league mate' date='the time and effort thats gone into her is immense and you know you'll regret it if you have to watch her drive off into the cornish sunset ..

[/quote']

will be fixing it saturday anyway mate, Prob will book the tickets for dub aid too and try get it all tidy for then and get back to the norm and enjoy,

Dooonnnnttttt doooooooooooooooo iiiiiittttttt

gav speaks the truth... heck, we've all lost the love at some stage - i think the only surviving bit of mine is the shell and carpets!! i've replaced the rest of it over the years.....

Thanks for the support guys, i appreciate it :)

So today i was supposed to be replacing the heater matrix but it never turned up (quietly glad),

so i got to work bypassing it....luckily i happen to find a perfect sized piece of tubing (hope dad dont realise the mop is now shorter),

march5th005.jpg

Worked perfect so it will stay like this until my samco kit and new matrix arrives.

Covered various wires in the bay in black plastic conduct to tidy them up as they were looking a bit rubbish,

march5th010.jpg

Another pic of the newly replaced standard rear lights, Really annoying me how the rear box sits at the moment, going to replace the exhaust mounts with powerflex items and hope it will sit better.

march5th008.jpg

spent quite a long time detailing with some new products as we have a local vag meet tomorrow, quite impressed with the results. (Also had great help from the misses)

march5th012.jpg

march5th014.jpg

march5th009.jpg

Really pleased with how it is coming together, Im keeping it for sure (l):)

Just a last pic with the BBS wheels fitted, Taken at a local vag meet last weekend..some tasty rides turned up too,

march12thbyebyebbs003.jpg

Now the car is looking as if it is in winter mode, not very nice but its only temporary...watch this space.

march12thbyebyebbs006.jpg

march12thbyebyebbs008.jpg

Also had a couple of parcels waiting for me on friday, some of these (Thanks to member chief ka kar)

march12thbyebyebbs010.jpg

and thanks to member Jason2875 for the 288mm brake setup inc new goodridge hoses, gave the calipers a sand down today and a fresh coat of silver paint, Just awaiting some EBC redstuff ceramic pads to arrive and will fit these next weekend :)

the rubber hangers probably arent the problem, the hangars on the scorpion are basically balance points they dont make the box sit straight naturally, its probably shifted at the connection point over the back axle. Can you twist it straight if you grab it?

Try loosening it off, maybe putting some fresh exhaust paste over the mating points and re doing it up good and tight.

Mikalor supra clamps (the model name, not specifically for a supra :-) ) will tighten up with a lot more force than a U clamp and more uniformly

the rubber hangers probably arent the problem' date=' the hangars on the scorpion are basically balance points they dont make the box sit straight naturally, its probably shifted at the connection point over the back axle. Can you twist it straight if you grab it?

Try loosening it off, maybe putting some fresh exhaust paste over the mating points and re doing it up good and tight.

Mikalor supra clamps (the model name, not specifically for a supra :-) ) will tighten up with a lot more force than a U clamp and more uniformly

[/quote']

Thanks for the advice/help there, got myself some mikalor clamps and going to give this a try at the weekend, As you said if i grab it it dooes move to where it should really sit so will have a play around with it,

On another note

My EBC redstuff ceramic pads arrived today, ready for fitting the 288mm front brake setup at the weekend, should be much better than whats on there at the moment,

And my replacement wheels are now on there way to the polishers so should have them back in a few weeks :)

looking good mate' date=' how many sets of wheels u got now ?

Are you going down the 'Black & Comps' route now ?

[/quote']

cheers gary, handles better on the 15's lol, yeh i have quite a collection in the garage now..might have to open a wheel shop soon,

Got quite a few plans now but not the comps... just similar and maybe a few small changes to the bodywork if everything goes to plan as i have found a very good bodyshop locally ;)