My Black Vr6 3.2, Recaro CS, TT dash, Next stop VW Days :-)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So today I managed to get stuck in with fitting the rest of the interior, Front door cards all fitted with new door card clips, Next up was to remove the existing dashboard To make way for this,

As some members already are aware I had a very special interior lined up which I collected on Friday. I took the long drive up to Dunfermline to pick this cargo up which ended up in a 1200 mile round

Just to keep this alive, not many updates to speak of other than it's running superb, Attended ultimate dubs back in March and took the trip over to Dubshed in April, here's a few pics from the past

Posted Images

Yeah thats the way my bodywork was' date=' few small imperfections but i was stupid and sold it on due to them annoying me instead of getting them seen too.

Aye bud iv got a members thread, quite old now:

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?324538.0

[/quote']

Wow cant believe this is the vr i saw pictures of that gave me inspiration and get mine too, credit to your work mate,

im really wanting to get into machine polishing on mine but unsure where to start,

Those ch's were they 7.5 x 17's, they look bigger than my rc's :)

Ha! cheers man, Really am gutted i sold it. Going to be a task to get one the same again i think. Im trying to get a highline but only for the colour really as i dont like the interiors.

The wheels were 18's on it. Personnally i wouldnt go back to 18's. Id want to run 16 or 17" this time.

It was my first time using the machine polisher on my car and just pretty much gave it a bash as at worst i would have got the bad bits sprayed if i balls'd it up.Took a bit but finally worked out and was swirl free.

Really like the RC's on yours. would happily own yours any day mate

LOOKIN GOOD MATE' date=' JUST REMIND ME NOT TO SIT IN THE BACK LOL, GLAD YOU BOTH ENJOYED THE TRIP AND THE DRIVE ROUND, DOORS ALWAYS OPEN MATE,,

[/quote']

Why would you ever want to sit in the bk of mine? i dont have screens to watch saving private ryan....

altho lottie did say the cage is handy to attach handcuffs to ;) lol no idea what she means,

Cheers Martin roll on next time then

Ha! cheers man' date=' Really am gutted i sold it. Going to be a task to get one the same again i think. Im trying to get a highline but only for the colour really as i dont like the interiors.

The wheels were 18's on it. Personnally i wouldnt go back to 18's. Id want to run 16 or 17" this time.

It was my first time using the machine polisher on my car and just pretty much gave it a bash as at worst i would have got the bad bits sprayed if i balls'd it up.Took a bit but finally worked out and was swirl free.

Really like the RC's on yours. would happily own yours any day mate

[/quote']

gesus 18"s must have been a squeeze but looks awesome for sure, how much arch work was needed for that?

you aint seen them up close they really need a refurb but just another job before spring i guess,

:)

I remember similar comments about my cage from the misses aswell :P Found it wasnt too bad for folk sitting in the back however it did have a good few victims of folk hitting it.

Arch work wasnt that major. The metal lip that goes back in the ay was fully cut away but they werent rolled or pulled etc. Front i had to pull out a little but i literally just pulled them with brute force and no roller lol.

machine polishing you definitely want to start with a random orbit, like the porter cable 7424, megs G220 or DAS 6. You can get the same results as a rotary, it just takes longer but is much much safer, but better to spend a little more time than burn right through your laquer and/or paint!

DAS 6 is probably preferred choice as its UK powered out of the box and cheapest, 7424 need a site transformer and re-plugging as they are US 110v. They are all 500w so have the same power

machine polishing you definitely want to start with a random orbit' date=' like the porter cable 7424, megs G220 or DAS 6. You can get the same results as a rotary, it just takes longer but is much much safer, but better to spend a little more time than burn right through your laquer and/or paint!

DAS 6 is probably preferred choice as its UK powered out of the box and cheapest, 7424 need a site transformer and re-plugging as they are US 110v. They are all 500w so have the same power

[/quote']

Think i will let someone show me on my car first before i attempt it, someone who knows what they are doing lol,

the first car i ever machine polished, therefore got all my practice on was when i had a brand new audi, thats how easy and low risk it is lol

if you only have swirls you only need a light polishing pad and finishing polish, youtube has some great vids on it and its as easy as they make it look.

It seems you're like me mate and always want your car looking its absolute best, the results you would achieve would be the next level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cornish' date=' notice you have all red rears on at the mo.

Are they CL lights with lamin-x?

If so how do you get the indicators to illuminate orange???

[/quote']

They are Hella reds mate, ran them with normal bulbs for a while but had to go as were simply flashing almost red lol swapped to yellow led bulbs to show better :)

I need a set of them in my life. Really want a set of all reds' date=' fed up of m3 style

ps i love your BBS rc's, like rocking horse sh*t in vr6 fitment

[/quote']

Cheers mate, yeh you dont see too many in this size, i was thinking of getting rid but still in two minds to refurb them or not,