My Black Vr6 3.2, Recaro CS, TT dash, Next stop VW Days :-)

Loving This Car' date=' Alot Of Subtle Mods But Really Works...

On Your Front Bumper Below The Indicators And Fogs Is Like A Air Intake?? Where Was That From Mate??

[/quote']

just to confirm they are bonrath air intakes mate, think fk do some aswell,

heres a link below to them :)

http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=Bonrath&category=bodystyling&product=DynamicAirIntakes&make=VW&model=Golf%20Mk%203

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So today I managed to get stuck in with fitting the rest of the interior, Front door cards all fitted with new door card clips, Next up was to remove the existing dashboard To make way for this,

As some members already are aware I had a very special interior lined up which I collected on Friday. I took the long drive up to Dunfermline to pick this cargo up which ended up in a 1200 mile round

Just to keep this alive, not many updates to speak of other than it's running superb, Attended ultimate dubs back in March and took the trip over to Dubshed in April, here's a few pics from the past

Posted Images

id only replace your rims with bbs rs 16" or schmidt modern line 3 piece.

But hey thats me.

What are your RC's worth

im not sure mate really, i would like to change them for some different bbs,

just a case of waiting and seeing what come available,

must admit i do like the modern lines

hey just wondering what grill u bought? i've seen a few on ebay, the jom ones are the cheapest but theres some FK ones too which are more expensive but look the same. just wondering if theres any problems with fitment? also, what have u done with the black projector lights u had on the car?

hey just wondering what grill u bought? i've seen a few on ebay' date=' the jom ones are the cheapest but theres some FK ones too which are more expensive but look the same. just wondering if theres any problems with fitment? also, what have u done with the black projector lights u had on the car?

[/quote']

Hi,

I sold the black lights ages ago, looked good but the performance in the dark was shocking.. even with upgraded bulbs so decided to swap for something more oem,

The grill i got was an fk one, Trial fitted it and fits very well, no problems there, just need a reasonable price to get it painted now as i have had some interesting quotes so have been putting it off lol :)

were the old lights in-pros? i've seen a few ppl say they've got really bad light out put' date=' wanted to use them along with a hid kit. from what i've been reading tho the hella lights are meant to be a hell of a lot better. any thoughts?

[/quote']

To be honest they didnt have any markings on but they felt pretty poor quality when i changed the bulbs,

What i have now are original Hella and are very good quality and good light output at night, i would stick with a reputable brand if i was you but in-pro are usually good too i used to sell there products a few years ago :)

Think i have now decided to de-arch the car and go for the highline bumpers with colour coded tops,

keep looking at both cars with and without arches and im now swaying towards removing them,

What do you guys think?

My new set of ngk plugs turned up today..bargain of the year, Also got a local firm that make alloy fuel tanks, and other fabrications to sort me out with a sump guard so will post some pics once its started and do a trial fit,

Got some other parts on the way which will also make this a little different, more on that later :)

Think i have now decided to de-arch the car and go for the highline bumpers with colour coded tops' date='

keep looking at both cars with and without arches and im now swaying towards removing them,

What do you guys think?

[/quote']

De-arching is good IMO, :) but stick with the bumpers you have :)

My new set of ngk plugs turned up today..bargain of the year' date=' Also got a local firm that make alloy fuel tanks, and other fabrications to sort me out with a sump guard so will post some pics once its started and do a trial fit,

[/quote']

Propa bargain aint they? :) and am intrested in seeing how the sump guard comes out, how much is it costing you??

yes i may try just the arches first and leave the textured bumpers and see how i get on,

As for the sump guard i need to drop in my template and they can quote me then, But the quality of work is very good and once mine is done he can do many more with my pattern to work against so will let you know on prices and pics as soon as i get them :)

• 2 weeks later...

Been after one of these battery boxes for a while now as i think they look much neater than the jackets,

This one was from a mk4 r32 so got to work today adapting it to fit...

jan22nd003.jpg

Its taking longer than i thought but got most of it trimmed so still use the existing mk3 battery tray and just need a longer 13mm bolt for the battery clamp and should be job done....will post pics when its completed,

Also as you can see in the pic below i have had the front arch off to see how it looks without it....still unsure to be honest, need to source some cl side strips or painted highline versions.

jan22nd004.jpg

jan22nd005.jpg

As for the oil leak this is soon to be fixed...lol, :)

i like it on those wheels, think it looks great..

de-arching it will make the sides slightly narrower so you may not need to space them out at all.

here are some very old before and after pics of mine when i removed my arches..

before.

mycar13-1.jpg

mycar12-1.jpg

after

mycar15.jpg

mycar21.jpg

cheers guys, looks well that rich, im still undecided if to take them off...may just leave them for now,

Still trying to fit the mk4 battery box but its not going too well, got it all trimmed so fits in now.... new prob i have is getting the live and earth cables to fit without cutting more holes in the box,

On another note my spare fuel rail has been sent to a local polishers so looking forward to see the finished item :)