My Black Vr6 3.2, Recaro CS, TT dash, Next stop VW Days :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So today I managed to get stuck in with fitting the rest of the interior, Front door cards all fitted with new door card clips, Next up was to remove the existing dashboard To make way for this,

As some members already are aware I had a very special interior lined up which I collected on Friday. I took the long drive up to Dunfermline to pick this cargo up which ended up in a 1200 mile round

Just to keep this alive, not many updates to speak of other than it's running superb, Attended ultimate dubs back in March and took the trip over to Dubshed in April, here's a few pics from the past

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since i updated this, Not a great deal to speak of just small adjustments here and there,

Ultimate dubs came and went with some great inspiration taken from the weekend,

momoud.jpg

Fitted some black custom fit floor mats which cleaned the interior up a treat, lowered the coilovers a bit more, spent alot of time cleaning in the engine bay and detailing the car all over ready for the trip up to dub aid in wiltshire,

momodubaid2.jpg

momodubaid.jpg

momodubaid-1.jpg

momoatdubaid.jpg

Really pleased with how it was now looking, Got back from dub aid and re-painted my engine cover, fitted an audi r8 oil cap, bit more detailing ready for vw action southwest where i picked up my 1st trophy for everyday watercooled vehicle concours winner,

momoengine.jpg

momovwaction.jpg

momovwaction2.jpg

momointerir.jpg

Got a new bosch battery to fit keeping with the oem theme, Some r36 blue wiring covers, new reverse switch, aux belt and other service bits along with a few more plans in the pipeline ready for run to the sun and Bristol volksfest. ;)

Thanks for the comments guys, its two years of hard work but its getting there,

Don the momo steering wheel came with the car so im unsure what the previous owner did and not had any problems with warning light. not even sure i have one with it being a 1992 J' or if it came with a driverside airbag as standard. :)

• 1 month later...

Well it's time for two front tyres as the lows and camber have worn the inner edges pretty fast especially after travelling upto Bristol volksfest,

More bad news is that the clutch is slipping so going to order a Sachs replacement and get that fitted at the end of the month. With this I'm weighing up gearbox options whilst I'm there and also whether to rebuild the engine soon using 2.9 bottom end or go down the 3.2 route at the end of show season.... Mmmmh decisions

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to bring the front end down a little more before Bristol volksfest, Happy with how it now sits, Here is a few recent pics.

bristolvolksfestothers251.jpg

bristolvolksfestothers212.jpg

bristolvolksfestothers245.jpg

Sachs clutch should be here in the next day or 2, Just picked up some Audi TT front calipers, carriers, lines so going to order some 312mm discs and pads to suit, Hopefully they should sqeeze under the wheels and perform much better than the 288's so its going to be a busy couple of weeks.

So i now have one of these... not the fitted item but hope it fits well. will post a pic once complete

IMG_0406.jpg

Couldn't resist this ....

VR6Plates.jpg

And had a parcel arrive consisting of a 24v Draft design crack pipe , something for winter along with a few other bits ;)

vr6coolantpipe09.jpg

Plan for the coming week whilst the car is off the road is fit the 312mm brake upgrade and goodridge lines :)

• 4 weeks later...

Nice ' date=' you doing the conversion yourself ?

[/quote']

Apart from the ecu work and custom loom yes thats what im hoping for, wont be getting started until after the octoberfest show so until then im just collecting the remaining parts and going to clean the block up, get it painted and start fitting some of the parts i have ready, Luckily im renting a huge barn at a friends place so i have plenty of space and dry over winter :)

There's not going to be many 12v vr's left soon! Should be good though.

Just out of interest' date=' how much is the lump costing?

[/quote']

for the price of a rebuild there wasnt a great deal in it to be honest, complete engine with looms etc was under 1k so not too bad