Edition38 Club Stand - Sat 1st Sept - Sun 2nd Sept

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not looking too good for me now. Returned from hols to find i have a chunk missing from my door, the rear quarter panel that was resprayed looks gash, and they didnt do the other bits. To make things worse i have a terrible knocking noise coming from the front end. So i am now very doubtful :(

Thanks Donna, that will be great if you can get some extra spaces. Although my car isn't exactly show winning standard due to some tosser opening his door into it and creasing my door, i'd still love to be part of it all!!!

I also own a customised beetle that i used to show at all the major events but over the last 2 years its hardly seen daylight, and these shows arn't the same if you dont have a car there!!! (or have i just been spoilt????) ;)

jUST FOUND A PIC OF MY BEETLE AT BVF...OH THE GOOD OLD DAYS!! (WELL IT WAS GOOD UNTIL YOU DROVE IT, ANYONE THAT SAYS DRIVING A 40 YEAR OLD CAR EVERYDAY IS "FUN" IS HAVING A LAFF)

NOW I'VE GOT THE VR I COULD TRAILER THE BUG TO THE SHOWS AND SHOW THEM BOTH ONE DAY ???? LOL

tHIS HAS REALLY GOT ME IN THE MOOD FOR E38!! MIGHT JUST HAVE TO CONVINCE THE LITTLE LADY THAT WE SHOULD GO FOR THE WEEKEND!! HA

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1187359520_6192_FT183784_s4010115.jpg]1187359520_6192_FT183784_s4010115_.jpg[/lightbox]

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1187359520_6192_FT183784_s4010104.jpg]1187359520_6192_FT183784_s4010104_.jpg[/lightbox]

I'm going to try and be there too.

Is it a normal camp site with facilities etc? Can't find any info about errr toilets and things. ;)

Obviously Sunday's already full' date=' I presume I could just park my car elsewhere off the stand on Sunday?

Donna - I'll try and be there for Sat and Sun and I'll just park where ever I'm told to!

Might make it for Friday night camping too.

[/quote']

Last year the facilities were very good,

Plenty of toilets that didn't run out of tissue!!!

Showers were good if you were first in,

the toilets even had electrical sockets that worked!!! (Girls bring your straighteners Lol)

I'll put you on the reserve list for the stand for Sunday and on Saturday's stand list :-)

Thanks Donna

Was going to go to Santapod but if you got room for The Wife' date=' 2 Boys, me and the car we would like to attend Saturday and Sunday. Wont be camping as we only live down the road........'ish.

Cheers

Sean. :)

[/quote']

Quite a few of us only live no more than 40 mins away but we are still camping. Its the whole point of the show, especially the saturday night entertainment

Was going to go to Santapod but if you got room for The Wife' date=' 2 Boys, me and the car we would like to attend Saturday and Sunday. Wont be camping as we only live down the road........'ish.

Cheers

Sean. :)

[/quote']

Quite a few of us only live no more than 40 mins away but we are still camping. Its the whole point of the show, especially the saturday night entertainment

I will dig out my tent then if there is still room.

As usual I've taken the day off work ( it takes a while to pack so much camping gear into a Golf ) so will meet for lunch.

Hows about the Harvester / Beefeater / Generic carvery we went to for all we could eat last time? I think it was during Ed38. It was certainly a camping event 'cos I remember not eating ;-)

When and where........one last proper meal till sunday night would be good

Ah mate you'll survive!!!!

There is The Overstone Manor Pub which is literally 2 mins away from the site,I have had lunch there since it's been taken over and was ok, think it opens from 11am.