Edition38 Club Stand - Sat 1st Sept - Sun 2nd Sept

Can we decide which Tescos we are meeting at? But about 11am for a leaving at 12 noon is good for me

I think it'll be weston favell, especially as that's the one you've given Sal the address of ;-) Is the site open from 12 or 1? I thought it was 1.

Sal: Don't forget your Wii. Had my PS2 and projector running off the VR yesterday so can't see why the Wii shouldn't.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. just joined vr6 owners club. looks pretty good on here. wanted to put my name down for sunday if possible. got me black vr6 vento coming and its looking peachy now. and its proper loud!!!

you may need a megafone to talk to me as i will definately be deaf by then!!

not sure what else i have to do to put me name down' date=' so if you could let me know that its all ok. cheers, ed

[/quote']

Because of the way the club field is organised you need to be there pretty early. The siren on site goes off at around 7, IIRC. If you can it's better to come down on Saturday night and camp.

ok, I've decided that I don't think I can show my car on the stand on Sunday - it's nowhere near a good enough standard to show or represent the club I don't think, so if someone else wants to take my place then be my guest and hopefully I'll have the few bits I need to do sorted out for the next show! Sorry to be a pain hope that's ok.

ok' date=' I've decided that I don't think I can show my car on the stand on Sunday - it's nowhere near a good enough standard to show or represent the club I don't think, so if someone else wants to take my place then be my guest and hopefully I'll have the few bits I need to do sorted out for the next show! Sorry to be a pain hope that's ok.

[/quote']

It's a VR6! That's the only standard it needs to represent the club. Mine's covered in stone chips and car park dints. Just give it a nice wash and it'll be fine.

TG, im thought the siren went off at 8.....?

Tobes, dont b daft!The only thing u need to have in a vr6 under ur bonnet, It dont matter if its a dogger or a spangley version, get ur name down!

So Weston Favell it is. Can we have a def time to meet pls. Also when u go underground cr park theres normally a wedge load of spaces to the right. Prob best if we all met there. Or McDs over the road?? Not much parking down Weston Favell way :s

hmm' date=' ok I just don't want to be shown up by loads of other lovely motors!

[/quote']

Yer dont worry about it mate, just like TG's mines covered in stone chips along the bumper, wheels are in a sorry state and theres a tiny bit of trim missing! hardly a show car but still going on the stand :)

So get it fired on! lol

We NEED to be there in force to show that we are still a strong club with alot of very nice cars to show off. We will never be like club Lupo and Mkivs as they are generic clubs for a car not specilised like us.

So everyone should get there if they can

hi again, right il be camping on sat night now ready for sunday morning. is it still ok for a place sunday? do u no if i can go on the club stand and show and shine? doubt id win anything but just do it for a laugh.

what is there to do on saturday as i havent been to this one.

Bloody hell im asking a lot of questions..... just one more.

is any1 convoying from or around bristol? as it would be good to join a convoy. cheers

Sure you can come on the stand. More the merrier :-)

As for show and shine I think you can drive to and from it to have your car judjed. That is what they did last year I think. Or you can park up in the middle like the main show cars do. Be warned though, they do have a tendancy to pull your car to peices a bit to much which might not be a nice feeling. Last year cars with £5k worth of paint job were being pulled to peices !

Saturday there is sooooo much to do. Loads of cars, stuff to buy, places to eat, bouncy castles etc. . . Over 3k cars were there last year I believe.

I think there might be some coming from Bristol way. Just have to wait and see. Or start a Convoy thread :-)

Mark,.

well im coming down on friday night as if i can finalise my MOT (just done my 312 brake swap in the nick of time) if not it will be sat morning. dont know of any convoys from my way so will just tag along with any nice vdubs i see on the way lol.

what i do want to know is, where are you all planning on camping? together in one large group or what, cos me and my bro want to latch on to you all if so, cos wed get bored tenting on our own lol.

ok' date=' I've decided that I don't think I can show my car on the stand on Sunday - it's nowhere near a good enough standard to show or represent the club I don't think, so if someone else wants to take my place then be my guest and hopefully I'll have the few bits I need to do sorted out for the next show! Sorry to be a pain hope that's ok.

[/quote']

It's a VR6! That's the only standard it needs to represent the club. Mine's covered in stone chips and car park dints. Just give it a nice wash and it'll be fine.

Cool, that puts my mind at rest too! Some people's cars are soooo nice - mines's just my daily transport that I try to keep looking nice but it's not in the same league. I can relax now and stop scubbing. ;)

I'm gonna bite the bullet and go for a really early start to get there in plenty of time Saturday morning.

Whether that will actually happen or not.. (e)

PS Really looking forward to it and meeting more of the members.

what i do want to know is' date=' where are you all planning on camping? together in one large group or what, cos me and my bro want to latch on to you all if so, cos wed get bored tenting on our own lol.

[/quote']

In as large a group as we can, as you say it adds to the fun and makes getting everyone together easier in the morning when it's time to move to the club area.

Hoping to get an area taped off soon after the gates open and will get some banners up as best we can. Anyone ariving after sun down won't be able to miss us either ;-)

as im goin up on saturday, is there anywhere to camp with the vr6 crowd, have a chance to get to know everyone then. im guessing i can move my car onto the stand on saturday after the show so its there for sunday??? cant wait now!!! its like christmas time! woohoo!

as im goin up on saturday' date=' is there anywhere to camp with the vr6 crowd, have a chance to get to know everyone then. im guessing i can move my car onto the stand on saturday after the show so its there for sunday??? cant wait now!!! its like christmas time! woohoo!

[/quote']

Of course, we'll steal as much space as possible. Look out for the banners, marquee and/or light show.

The cars have to move back to the camp site overnight