VR6 Syncro - Rolling shot Pg10

Seeing as my car is going through a few changes i thought id put up a few pics :-)

Ive been really busy with work lately but with the time ive had ive managed to fit an Alpine head unit with 6.5" refernce JBL's upfront and infinity mid range 6.5's in the back with a 12" JBL sub in the boot. Sounds a lot better than the Gamma tape deck with CD changer i originally had!lol

Heres the car when i bopught it last year..... (6)

13.jpg

think it looked great but needed a little updating....

this was after Ragley Hall last year....

rag.jpg

Ive now swapped over the lights for black angel eyes which i got from the states - What a nightmare - wouldve been easier spraying mine!

Anyhow bought a half roll cage.. its a bolt in job that allows me to keep my back seats....

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

Then next was my wheels- the RH's were split and the normal outers have been put to one side - ive had 2 8.5's laying about for nearly 4 months!The inners went off to a wheel refurb place near London (my mate was taking his Ferrari wheels there and they were cheap so it was ideal! I wanted them mettalic black but they came back graphite! (they did warn me when powder coating that the more flake they put in the more mettalic it will go) But i loved them (not often that happens! lol) Finally rebuilt the 2 rears last Tuesday.... and trial fitted to the car Friday evening (after a manic week at work!! :-() so i could see what the bodyshop will be doing - decisions decisions!!!

As the 9's havent arrived yet i had to use the 8.5's on the rear with 35mm adapters but hopefully this will show the width... Neg camber on a syncro is quite sever when lowering...

After fitting 9's at the front also it just looked a little daft so im sticking with 8.5 at the fron and 9 at the rear...

Heres a few pics of the trial fit....

IMAGE_00056.jpg

IMAGE_00063.jpg

CAr is now in bodyshop having a total respray with a load of smoothing, and some arch flaring. Hopefully back in 2 - 3 weeks :-) Pictures to follow

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys :-) lol - yeah cages and insurance problems - Privelidge said theyd beat my quote with HIC - and no extra fee for installments.. then i mentioned cage - i said it was a show cage - bolt in aluminium cage no safety benefit whatsoever. they turned me down!! On grounds that they would be worried about what i was doing with the car!?!?!? Gone back with HIC now... :-)

cheers guys and girls :-) Ill be sure to post up some pics as i get them- Paul is currently getting the stance rignt and will send me some more photos hopefully....

Mirrors are a problem though - i think it will be std for a short while until i get some special ones made up... really need to take the hagus ones off as ive really gone off them and need a change...

Had a bit of a nightmare so far!! Paul at PF has been top notch though. Apparently my mk3 handles are slightly damaged - clips are broken inside so they were flopping about a little- Paul advised i get new ones so ive now gone for polo ones - found some for delocked ones for 30 quid - so sorted! , also going back to std mirrors for now too as i really want different mirrors until i sort my new ones.. Paul phoned me up today then- they started working on the existing wings (i knew there was filler in them- possibly from when they were rolled- poorly!) After they picked out the filler there was bugger all left of the wings!!! :-( Where the person had it rolled it wasnt sealed at all meaning the water could sit in the lip insode the arch and eat into the metal! So its 2 new front wings also!! :-( bummer! brand new windscreen also going in too.... Ordered today - old one was ok - but in strong sunlight it was peppered with very small stonechips- very annoying... pics of the work so far to follow!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright fella.... What a nightmare ive had!!! R&A went bust which is great - i was expecting a bumper from them - and paid the full amount :-( So that money is as good as gone!

Paul is sorting out a bumper for me - and im now also having the ariel and side repeaters removed - need to talk to you fella about MOT's ;-)

Apparently there is so much camber on the back im able to go to 9.5 or maybe even 10's - ill need to make the call when i get back - ill probably go for 9.5 though..... heres a pic of the work so far... and the best bit is no filler - Thanks to Pete mcginley for sorting it out the piccy for me...