VR6 Syncro - Rolling shot Pg10

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from MIVW - what an awesome time :-D Had a convoy of about 20 dubs going into holland and the same coming out again - roaring through tunnels an allsorts.... Cant believe the car was actually running for me to drive it :-)

Basically when i got it back it was sat out on the road for over 2 days as my VW Audi in astonehouse couldnt come and pick it up straight away, they bought a trailer down Wednesday morning and had it running by the afternoon - ECU had locked itself and reset keycodes. Also alternator, battery and leads were all knackered, so they needed to be sorted... luckily Dan just replaced one of the faulty leads and it ran

i picked the car up Thursday evening and built the front end up and managed to get the battery to charge, drove it to a friends house and put my RH's on and put the cage in plus a few other small bits for the MOT,

Then it was back down to VW Audi in Stonehouse Thursday for more work as the car was still missing and for the MOT as it had expired.

Getting it to pass with no side repetaers turned out to be a little bit complex so i had to have some chavved up oval led repeaters stuck to the wings (easy to remove)... after upsetting a few people it managed to pass. I was also told that the MAF was shot. Kept erroring - apparently on OBD2 cars they will still run fine if a little lumpy and have a lack of top end urge...

Then after that They fitted the parts that VR6Rich lent me (alternator and leads) and then new spark plugs, bonrath power rohr. Also the MAF was knackered so i picked the car up lunch time, Friday and finished work to go and pick up a MAF from Ian (vdubgirls bloke) which he ordered me... Thanks fella - much appreciated!!! :-) Then i was back home to pack my stuff and double check the car before getting up for 5:30 to try and clean the car a little.... Anyway one small pic.....

IMG_1270.jpg

Ill get some more pics up over the next couple of days...

Just like to say a BIG THANKYOU to VW Audi Stonehouse, VR6Rich, Ian, Claire, Dubloke, and lowlife for helping get my car driveable for this show - i was gutted at the prospect of having to drive the mondeo to Holland

Oh and got 2nd best mk3 in the show and shine too :-) Really really chuffed - first time ive ever won anything. Six Appeal got a well deserved first place - his motor was looking stunning :-)

The UK crowds took a lot of the awards there - best mk4, best mk3, best mk2, longest distance (lol)

Now the cars back its time to finish it and get all the dodgy bits sorted :-)

Ok i promise last pictures of my car and ill leave it there :-) These were from MIVW:- Resized_DSC05718.jpg

Resized_DSC08374.jpg

Resized_DSC08375.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

Back from an awesome time - had a real hard time getting the car there but was well worth it The convoy of about 10 - 15 cars there and back was crazy and had such a ball. Going through tunnels with th sound of 1.8T's VR's and G60 at full pelt - awesome.. :-)

On the way back blew up the Viscous coupling :( Havent had much luck lately :-( VW want 1500 for a new one - ive got other plans on that front though

This week its time for some slamming at the front (coilovers were seized solid before i went :-() and get the rest of the tints sorted out....

Also got to remove the prop shaft and VC

Some work involved there, youv'ed done a really good job love the colour and the colour of your wheels go good against your paintwork.

The car looked nice when you bought it,but i take my hat of to you i'd hate to see my car stripped like that.

But you have done a cracking job though :) nice work. (h)

cheers all :-) Yeah a lot of people have said they liked the car before but i thuoght it was atime for a change and wanted something newer looking...

Still got so much to do though but ill get there :-)

Will be on the stand at E38 - may do show and shine - still undecided

• 1 month later...

Warren, thats one sweet rollin arse you got there boyo!so smooth, clean and dare i say refreshing for a mk3! if it werent for the back lights, i'd ave thought it was in black n white or greyscale! real nice touch bud!

My sync's in da shop at the mo, hope to be ready for e38 and so is sams, so we gotsa get parked up 2 gether like chap!

In awe,

Jake ;)