VR6 Syncro - Rolling shot Pg10

To be fair theres no problem with it being lhd - you get used to it really quickly - i think it would spoil the originality of the car if it was converted tbh :-)

and besides, you drive like a fanny anyway, so its just another excuse to add to the cause warren, lol!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, I never expected you to be doing so much to it :-)

Did it go in with the expectations of doing it all or have you added new ideas all along the way ?

When you have finished can I borrow them trousers with the deep pockets to please ! :-)

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

here we go.... Was supposed to be picking it up this Saturday.. but the bumpers and front wings have a taken a lot longer than anticipated... theyve been pulled right out to meet the front wings - same with the rear bumper. Side repeaters removed, cult plinth fitted, aerial removed... coming together slowly but surely :-) Pics show car back together - all panels ar finished then taken back off again for spraying. :-)

Picture663.jpg

Picture664.jpg

Picture665.jpg

Picture666.jpg

Picture667.jpg

Picture668.jpg

Picture669.jpg

Picture670.jpg

Picture671.jpg

Hi warren - hows doing the work? need a small bit of paint on mine to make it mint - also want to roll the arches and get some phat rims on her!

Let us know when its all done and i'll pop over (stil not far from u!) looking good fella!

Thanks all for your kind comments Muchos appreciated :-)

Shot of the tailgate shows how much work was needed to get the plinth to fit correctly - absolute rubbish...

Side repeaters now removed and ABT spoiler now smoothed also - its being sprayed but still not sure if its being fitted yet...

aerial removed, bonnet finished, arches finished along with bumpers - still a little work on the drivers side (Lhd)though - Roger from PF has spent a long time pulling the bumpers and plastic welding so the shape matches up with the arch. Bay has been stripped and sprayed and built back up again.

next is finishing of the rear bumper and then a few other little bits and all stripped back down again, i think they face it, primer it, then spray... 2 different colours involved too ;-) Trying to some things a little different from smooth bumpers but they look so good!

Once i get it back ive got to rebuild the wheels, get the tyres back on, adjust the coilovers to get the ride height sorted, fit all the other bits ive bought then a major cleaning spree!

I also maybe looking at converting the car to haldex and apprently it can be done without the mk4 ECU, Im going to see PSI tuning next weekend to have a chat about it...

Gary - no worries pop over when you like mate - would be good to see your new ride too :-)

Looking real nice M8. Looking forward to seeing it at Bristol?? Inters?

I see you've had the swage lines removed from the back to, never noticed before !

Was the rear Boot Plinth a cult society one? So many people are having troble with them I am wondering when I get mine done if it would be easier to remove the lock from the VW original and build over the gap? Or easier to lengthen the Cult one?

2 Color paints to....... Should be interesting to see m8 !

Mark.

Yeah probably going to Bristol Volksfest. Not going to Inters though - going to MIVW instead.

Rear plinth is indeed a cult society plinth- they look better than the std one imo but dont fit. Would be easier using a std one and plastic welding over an OE one really - seen this done a few times...

The two colours are pretty similar really so no big lairy pinks or yellows!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Got the car back tonight - lot more drama than needed but over a 2 and a half hour journey home on the motorway not a single stone chip... lol

picccies soom just waiting to finish getting it built up - colou came out better than i could have hoped for :-)

unfortunately ive had a major issue with the immobiliser \ ecu \ transponder - fuck knows what it is but its getting trailered to stonehouse on Monday... Real gutted about this and i wont be going tomorrow :-( :-( :-(

well half the front end is stripped at the moment due to me having to put it on a lowloader... :-(

need to get this sorted then an mot then build the front end back up then fit the rims then lower the ride height on the coilovers.... no chance by friday.... :-( :-(