• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got the engine back few more bits and it can go in :-)

Boost pipes are all cut and made ready to go on not much left now :-)

I'll throw a few pics up of what has been done :-) And that is how it's sits waiting for paint :-)

Posted Images

No one has been blocked from anything on here, if there has been a technical issue due to moving to the new forum system then please let us know what the issues are :-)

Your club membership was migrated over last night following the below email I sent out last week - can you please be a little more specific so we can resolve any issues :) thanks

Below is the email that club members would have received:

Dear Club Member,

If you have visited the website over the last couple of days, you will notice some major changes.

We have recently moved forum software to give a greater experience engaging with other members, unfortunately we have not been able to automatically migrate everyone's club membership details over, this means that the "Club Membership" Forum section is currently unavailable, including Club Discounts Benefits and How-To guides.

Over the coming days we will be manually moving over your details, activities will include:

1) Cancelling your current subscription via PayPal (this means that your membership will not automatically renew).

2) Creating new "subscription" on the new website, you will receive an automatic email advising you of your membership expiry date, this will not change from your current expiry date on your membership card.

Once this has occurred you will then be able to access the club member benefits on our website, there are over 500 memberships to process, so please bare with us

One new features of the new website is that you will automatically receive an email 7 days before your membership expires allowing you time to renew your club membership.

In the mean time, why not come visit our new forums and update your build thread, or get involved with helping others on the thread!

Check out our new forums now! http://www.vr6oc.com/forum

Now is probably also a good time to mention that it's not long until our V-Festival at Brooklands Motorsport Museum - Check out the forum thread for more details http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/topic/40743-v6-festival-brooklands-museum-26th-october-2013/.

If you wish to register for the event, click the following link: http://form.jotformeu.com/form/32451781767361

If you have any issues accessing http://www.vr6oc.com/forum or logging in, please reply directly to this email.

We hope to see you soon on our new forums and wish to thank you all during our transition of your club membership to our new systems.

Thanks.

Peter Leese

Club Chairman

The VR6 Owners Club

http://www.vr6oc.com/forum

Club Chairman

Ok since the last update I've been busy

Got me oil cooler mounted and it was tight lol here's a couple of pics

null_zpsc22782fb.jpg

null_zps9d9cc91b.jpg

null_zpsade89f88.jpg

Once I got that on I started to cut the front panel to make room for my intercooler and kapow ended up with this

null_zps8f18e875.jpg

I also had these arrive and got to fitting them today not the best but good enough for me

null_zpsa8f9b21d.jpg

Will get some pics of em fitted soon :)

Lol there not ahah there joms got some more pics from today's work

Test fitted my intercooler with so precision holding tools lol

null_zpsb07b0b49.jpg

Then I removed the front slam panel rad etc and began to fit it using a lot of these ahahha

null_zpsc2327cbf.jpg

I then fitted it with some makeshift radiator fixings :)

null_zps783016dc.jpg

null_zps984a64a8.jpg

Once I got all that back on I fitted some of the boost pipes

null_zps11f62f7f.jpg

After all of that I decided to get the bumper cut out and at first it was looking good

null_zps95fb95c8.jpg

But and a very big but I realised I had to butcher the bumper to peaces (don't judge me ahaha) but I have a plan I've ordered a new splitter and I gonna refit that with some metal brackets which I think will make the bumper look decent again ;)

null_zpsc840c30d.jpg

I know it looks bad but wait it will look whole again ^^^

And here's one with the coilovers fitted

null_zpsbddc1951.jpg

That's all for now

I run the 256 ecu that i got from Matt in 2009 when he worked for C2. His UM software i asume is even better.

Your 6262 Tagential T4 0.81 will be killer ! Remember clutch and LSD diff. Clutchnet red pressure plate with a 6 or 4 puck sprung disc is cheap and holds good power on the 02a/02j boxes.

Got some bits done today

Changed fuel filter

null_zpsb613cb04.jpg

Removed one of the horns was blocking the passage for the boost pipes

null_zpsa71a1201.jpg

Then the front came back off and I removed the aircon pump and fitted smaller belt

null_zps53e7ecea.jpg

null_zpsdfe562fb.jpg

After that I decided to add a bit of health and safety to the build ahahha

null_zpsa6e5295a.jpg

That's enough for today

• 2 weeks later...

Ok since the last update I've so far

Began rebuilding the bumper to look as stock as possible

null_zpsbd42dbf2.jpg

Relocated the brake reservoir

null_zps6bed6d45.jpg

null_zpsd7cb37ef.jpg

I then test fitted the turbo and manifold

null_zpsc3dcc088.jpg

Fits nicely after that I checked that the strut brace still fits close but it's all good

null_zpsb4efd31d.jpg

After that I ripped it all bake off and built the manifold up properly all ready for after the clutch is fitted. I went for a 6 puk spec stage 3 in the end.

null_zps8c8ab691.jpg

Oh and still no joy on the software side of things , may have to have it rolling roaded

Little update it's been a while been fitting the odd water line ect no pics I'm afraid then today I got the gear box off ready for the new clutch witch is due next week :)

While getting it off I done this :(

null_zps7d5ccbe7.jpg

Woops any way got it off and it was surprisingly easy

Here's couple of pics

null_zpsdfcc5367.jpg

Needs a clean the inner gaitor was destroyed and has greased everything nicely

null_zps56fa653c.jpg

And off course the old clutch in pretty good nic

null_zps0f5f7cc6.jpg

Will update with the new clutch

Comments and input welcome :)