silly mate *pics of scooby*

my mate who is 20 has just sold his 1.2 corsa to get something with "a bit more power" so i was a shocked when he rung me 5mins ago to say hes bought a 53 plate Pro Drive Scooby with 350BHP :o

And i was more shocked when he told me his insurance quote!!!

as a named driver on his mums policy hes gonna be paying over £3k :o

Sod that!!! Think ill stick with the VR and my traders policy thanks!

Why why why? What is the point in spending best part of 20k and then have to pay 3k in insurance just to sell the car after a year for a big loss, or write it off.

I could afford to buy a car that expensive but choose not to as i'd prefer to eat and drink

don't worry, I have no doubt it will be written off before the insurance has to be renewed, I sold mine (wrx ra) to a young driver in birmingham, he too was on his parents policy paying stupid amounts of money - his dad rang me a few days after the sale to say he'd written it off by sliding it into a rounabout at 80 odd mph

I could afford to buy a car that expensive but choose not to as i'd prefer to eat and drink

Ditto - I had a Corrado VR6 when I was 22 (a few years ago now ;)) and spent the best part of 20k to lost 8K depreciation in just over a year... Can afford to do the same now and was tempted by an S3/S4 but there's something really satisfying about the Golf - it was 2K with lots of power and no matter how many miles I do in it, i'm never gonna lose more than 1500 EVER!!!!! Superb!!!!!!!! ;)

don't worry' date=' I have no doubt it will be written off before the insurance has to be renewed, I sold mine (wrx ra) to a young driver in birmingham, he too was on his parents policy paying stupid amounts of money - his dad rang me a few days after the sale to say he'd written it off by sliding it into a rounabout at 80 odd mph

[/quote']

that reminds me of the 1st time i let some one drive my last vr :( very shocking.

lexus lights and rear sunstrip on a 20k car! thats bad enough on a cheap corsa on a 53 plate scooby it takes the p1ss.

nice scoob apart from the mods

how the fook can he afford that kinda money

theres a reason young lads shouldnt have cars like that generally they cant handle them

my mates got a 330 bhp 55 reg scoob and it feels just right nice amount of power for the car

its still slower than mine on the road lol

...or an Audi S4 :)

thats wot id av gone for with that much cash :-d

3ks not too bad ' date=' considering im paying 2100 for a 1.3 polo mk3 :S

[/quote']

my bro is 17, hes got a 1.0 polo n hes "only" paying £1100 TPFT

how the fook can he afford that kinda money

Hes not a mummies boy' date=' Its all his own money, He fits kitchens self employed[/b']

^^ that and its looks shiiiiiiiiiiiite despite its power! i cant understand why everybody (under 25) raves about those shiiiiity cars? after all its a Datsun with a spoiler without the quality of a Honda! the badge on the front is worthless, no pedigree no quality and they used to be sold through tractor dealers! its laughable to think the cars he could have for that money, you could get an older 911 Turbo for that, now that is worth having! oh how foolish the young can be some times :S

its a genisis single point injection and completely standard for now . i dunno why im paying so much , my main reason i guess are - im the policy holder so im not a named driver on someone else's policy , no years NCB , just passed test and is my first car !! quinn direct came up cheapest for me :) ill just stick it out and wait for the price to come down with age .

as for a is it a G - I wish!! lol

Liam :)