• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So now my HT leads fit my bonnet struts look quality I stole that idea from the guys at the tatton park show all plugs and injectors changed I now continue to wait for parts ps I can't wait to drive

Off the ground for the last time, the next time this touches the floor it will be drove to stealth!

White block finished spraying!!!!!!!

Posted Images

Well today was a proud moment I was offered fully built engine block, but turned it down because I want build everything so I can be totally satisfied and to that end I have booked my block in for boring to 82.5 and skimmed and cleaned and ordered a brand new set of wossner low completion pistons and I have been looking at some con rods but can't make my mind up can anyone recommend a good set ?

Edited by ky_uk

That's a brave move turning down a rebuilt bottom end ky! I'd have bit the fellas arm off!

Still, I've got a brand spanking vw bottom end and Pistons sitting in my garage crying out to be made up, I need to find a crank and rods first though!

You going to run a standard crank or something else ? I read a R32 crank is a good idea, and belive me I wanted the engine it's not a case of the money it's the principle for me I honestly want it to be my own I want to give it to my son one day and say I BUILT THAT

I think the best would be schimmel they come in at £619 the wossner con rods are £891 but they look the sam have the same specs the only difference i cam see is the wossner logo on the wossner rods.

http://vr6parts.com/onlinestore/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/65/s/vr6-h-beam-connecting-rods-5-16-bolt/

http://ntjmotorsports.co.uk/pistons/1130-wossner-steel-connecting-rods-volkswagen-vr6-28-29-12v-r32-32-24v-v6-4-motion-28-24v-all-wossner-forged-con-rods-are-made-in-ger.html

Whats the verdict ?

Edited by ky_uk
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I was looking at one on SP's website I am gonna buy my con rods from them so I am gonna get a high flow pump while I order the rods

SP is a dangerous site to be browsing !!! they have some awesome stuff to burn money on haha

very true! burnt a hole through my wallet lol.  but, i highly recommend the water pump, excellent quality and you can feel the difference in weight against the OE one.

looking forward to this coming together though. nice one!

Deleted two out of the three head pictures lol glad progress is coming along well dude :)

Thanks for that it's taptalk in a bad connection I think, ps I've not forgot to pop over I am just weighed under with work at the moment.

Defo gonna need some shopping advice when I get the block back.