• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So now my HT leads fit my bonnet struts look quality I stole that idea from the guys at the tatton park show all plugs and injectors changed I now continue to wait for parts ps I can't wait to drive

Off the ground for the last time, the next time this touches the floor it will be drove to stealth!

White block finished spraying!!!!!!!

Posted Images

Boooooosst!!!

Bet your happy to have driven it buddy :)

Not long and it will be on the road for a good beating. Keep it up dude.

All worth it for once you can drive it :D

I know I can't wait to take it to Oulton park and Santa pod, and when it's 100% ready Nuremberg

HSS minimum for drilling metal buddy.

Those gold coloured ones are usually meant for wood.

If you want a decent set of drill bits that will last, look for 'Drill All' drill bits. Not cheap but good quality, and very strong. HSS and cobalt mix, some of the strongest drill bits I have used!

If you want cheaper look for any HSS drill bits.

Edited by c00k

HSS minimum for drilling metal buddy.

Those gold coloured ones are usually meant for wood.

If you want a decent set of drill bits that will last, look for 'Drill All' drill bits. Not cheap but good quality, and very strong. HSS and cobalt mix, some of the strongest drill bits I have used!

If you want cheaper look for any HSS drill bits.

Thanks for the tip I will invest in some good ones because halfords specials are totally crap

When drilling metal it pays to drill a small pilot hole before going at it with the large bits.

Car is looking great chap bet you're over the moon, great work bud.

I learnt that after the first few drill bits snapped, yeah I am really happy with it it's almost ready to go to for the remap. I am just stuck with the decision about tinting all the rear windows but is there really any point since it's not a road car ? I guess I am only thinking it will be good for shows only. Edited by ky_uk

I made my own kit years ago and got the got the nozzle from Aquamist and recently on the old golf diesel I did a pre turbo set up with a nozzle from Devils own

There all basically the same using the same surflow pump

I found the Devils own nozzles/jet to work better than the Aquamist one but it costs bit more if buying separately

I'm a huge fan of water/meth but if it gets mapped with a 50/50% mix you have to make sure you always have the same as meth is also a fuel so a variation in the mix ratio can have an effect on AFR

It's good to use the methanol as it lowere the tension of the water so it atomises better than just pure water

But be sure to handle methanol with care as too much skin contact can make you go blind

I made my own kit years ago and got the got the nozzle from Aquamist and recently on the old golf diesel I did a pre turbo set up with a nozzle from Devils own

There all basically the same using the same surflow pump

I found the Devils own nozzles/jet to work better than the Aquamist one but it costs bit more if buying separately

I'm a huge fan of water/meth but if it gets mapped with a 50/50% mix you have to make sure you always have the same as meth is also a fuel so a variation in the mix ratio can have an effect on AFR

It's good to use the methanol as it lowere the tension of the water so it atomises better than just pure water

But be sure to handle methanol with care as too much skin contact can make you go blind

Thanks for the info I think I might give it a go.
  • 2 weeks later...

50a5ac92c21537066de152c9edea6853.jpgWow I am happy to be getting some work done again! I have removed the charger I want to rebuild it but when I look at the car and think I am quarter way in do I just rip it to pieces and make it my own winter closing in I could strip this engine also and have 2 engines to work on and put the shell in a garage till February.

Oh man decisions decisions !!!!

Edited by ky_uk