Thing is mate I am planning on stripping this engine bare and rebuilding it with a much higher spec and once rebuilt it will only run on race fuel, the stand was the best one I could get so fingers crossed it will hold. It's only gonna be in the stand for about a week then it's gonna all be in pieces and cleaned I am just researching all my options for cleaning and increasing the piston size.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So now my HT leads fit my bonnet struts look quality I stole that idea from the guys at the tatton park show all plugs and injectors changed I now continue to wait for parts ps I can't wait to drive

Off the ground for the last time, the next time this touches the floor it will be drove to stealth!

White block finished spraying!!!!!!!

Posted Images

With the car off the ground I have had a chance to look around properly and one thing I have learned is if I track this car this year I will be sadly disappointed because it won't last, it looks as if the last owner of the car was a total fucking cowboy!!! I can now clearly see that the gasket on the bottom of the block has gone and I can smell coolant also, I am ready to make a hard decision and strip the car bare and start from scratch. I don't particularly want to do it and don't really have the experience but I won't be able to sleep at night knowing that half a job has been done so I am sad to say I am stopping construction and starting stripping the car bare.

Edited by ky_uk

Oil from round the sump, the radiator is a plastic tie wrap, coolant leak, some rust, supercharger needs servicing, I don't now believe he checked or replaced any gaskets, the exhaust is in shit state, more plastic tie wraps! So many loose wires and some serious cowboy re wiring.

Edited by ky_uk

I'd clean it all up before you start pulling it to bits and see if you can find a leak

It is leaking from the sump I had the car running for 15 min to see if the fans came on because the coolant light is flashing, and with the car being up on the blocks I could see the sump dripping.

Just drain the sump whip it off and put a new sump gasket on mate. Have a look for coolant leaks. Or replace all of the coolant pipes with silicone ones. Check the thermostat housing for leaks too. Or you could replace it too with a new crack pipe and water pump then that's all of the cooling system bar the radiator done

Just drain the sump whip it off and put a new sump gasket on mate. Have a look for coolant leaks. Or replace all of the coolant pipes with silicone ones. Check the thermostat housing for leaks too. Or you could replace it too with a new crack pipe and water pump then that's all of the cooling system bar the radiator done

I am starting to think because it had air con removed that's why the light is flashing and I found the leak so replacing with silicone is a no brainer, I am gonna take the sump off and replace the gasket, I do in a hair line crack in the floor under the driver seat so that's a welding job.

Basically before I move forward anymore I need to really go over the car and address a few things.

3cdbc26f8b929b400b47312c5881b677.jpgSo again inexperience bites my arse, I have now learned that I need to relocate things in my engine as it stands my air intake route is cold air into air filter through Maf into charger through inter cooler into throttle the into manifold, Now I realise to make this work I need to make it cold air into filter through Maf and throttle into charger then into manifold also I have nothing else to report still stripping and sorting rust

Right so i am waiting for my misses brother to come down for a weekend and show me how to weld because i am stuck right now I cant do much until the welding is done.

Back to the engine it turns out the sqeek coming from the supercharger was not bad berinngs it was pressure not able to escape when throttle was closed so it was forcing the screws to strain my initial reaction was to move the throttle before the charger but i have decided against because i dont want a surge of remaining presure when I close the throttle, so I have left the throttle in its original location and got a blow of valve to release the pressure when the throttle is closed and redirect the escaped air back before the MAF.

From China what do you think about these ?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=351409414559&globalID=EBAY-GB

c34c78221a5927952ef45d541ce31cb8.jpg

Edited by ky_uk