• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So now my HT leads fit my bonnet struts look quality I stole that idea from the guys at the tatton park show all plugs and injectors changed I now continue to wait for parts ps I can't wait to drive

Off the ground for the last time, the next time this touches the floor it will be drove to stealth!

White block finished spraying!!!!!!!

Posted Images

Me to the reality of it is I think March / April, I don't own my own Trailor so I plan to get it completely ready for a RWYB camping weekend pick the Trailor up and drive down to Santa pod for GTI Spring fest 17th run out any problems before its real track run on Oulton park and then over to the ring in Germany for summer

Edited by ky_uk

hi mate what part did you use in the headlight?

on my previous vr's ive just ran a air duct from the fog light area which did work but the pipeing used was really small in order to clear the fan belt. yours is perfect as i wouldnt have any clearing issues and can use a bigger diameter pipeing for more air and looks oem and is of course very practical!!!!

8e795d8015e5e5618ddf20e07a956334.jpgQuad headlights came and my plan worked perfectly!!! The cold air feed could not have fitted better if I tried!!!!!!!

hi mate what part did you use in the headlight?

on my previous vr's ive just ran a air duct from the fog light area which did work but the pipeing used was really small in order to clear the fan belt. yours is perfect as i wouldnt have any clearing issues and can use a bigger diameter pipeing for more air and looks oem and is of course very practical!!!!

Hi,

I got myself a pipercross viper induction kit it the metal cold air intake cake with that but this is a link to get the cold air intake alone

http://www.pipercross.net/pipercross-75mm-silver-cold-air-feed-vc003_p24037348.htm

It only comes in silver so I sprayed it myself.

Hope that helps.

thank you thats perfect mate.

so is this pureply a track car or road use aswell?

also did you weight the car? im looking to build a road use car only but looking to loose a lot of weight most money sense for me untll i decide to force induction which isnt anytime soon as spoken to stealth racing looking at 5.5k which is mad but one day when im a millionaire lol

thank you thats perfect mate.

so is this pureply a track car or road use aswell?

also did you weight the car? im looking to build a road use car only but looking to loose a lot of weight most money sense for me untll i decide to force induction which isnt anytime soon as spoken to stealth racing looking at 5.5k which is mad but one day when im a millionaire lol

This is just for track only it would not pass a mot because it doesn't have a cat but realistically insurance would be expensive and it will run about 10 mpg, I've never weighed it yet but adding a rollcage is heavy so it would actually be interesting to know the weight now if you are using the car for road use then weight reduction should not be a worry for you.

hahahaha

but yeh the weight for me makes the most sense for the power to weight. ive searched for ages but cant really find a difinitive answer about people actually weight lost and whats been removed because like you said and many others have added back in things that cancels out the max weight loss lol.

luckily for me ive got a mate with a weighing in scale so when i start my project ill weight it before any work then after. would be really interesting tbh because im looking to do a full exhaust incuding 6branch full interior strip apart from 2 front seats, een door cards like yours but not carbon fibre probaly foam board and make my own, so should be interesting. 

so hopefully power goes up slightly and weight goes down win win for this heavy lump lol 

thats the main issue though isnt it the weight

Edited by carterleeds

hahahaha

but yeh the weight for me makes the most sense for the power to weight. ive searched for ages but cant really find a difinitive answer about people actually weight lost and whats been removed because like you said and many others have added back in things that cancels out the max weight loss lol.

luckily for me ive got a mate with a weighing in scale so when i start my project ill weight it before any work then after. would be really interesting tbh because im looking to do a full exhaust incuding 6branch full interior strip apart from 2 front seats, een door cards like yours but not carbon fibre probaly foam board and make my own, so should be interesting.

so hopefully power goes up slightly and weight goes down win win for this heavy lump lol

thats the main issue though isnt it the weight

You should start a build thread.

im planning too but since i purchased the car of a forum member in august ive driven straight back and into storage havnt even looked at it since. but once i start anything a build thread will be started

know how you feel I got this in June and still haven't drove it properly I'll keep my eye open for your build.

well ive had like 5 vr6's but never kept them for longer than 6months did the quick coilovers making it shiny full exhaust but never really put any time into one so hopefully going to keep this one and try make it my last and make it my own as certain things were always done to the ones ive always one.

also there becoming very rare arnt they so uno not bad of a fun investment

yeh i think if its a home diy then ill probably look into it next year, as i know my vr6 needs a lot a maintenence work, i.e servicing fluid changes brakes suspension bushes anything mechanical, just basically make sure the car is restored mechanically, then the bigger stuff timing chain and cams at the same time as i believe the clutch was replaced couple years back.