96 vr6 1st ever project build thread,

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's alive! https://vimeo.com/127356810 Another box ticked on my bucket list.......own a supercharged car! Love that noise!

Got a few more bits done this week, not as much as I would have liked as works been busy and I've been waiting on bits including the longer belt for the charger that's coming from America and is silly

Finally had some time recently to get a start on fitting the air ride onto the car, I managed to get a hardly used Airlift V2 digital set up with twin compressors at reasonable price, Started with s

Posted Images

I thought about turbos but it's a lot more work and I've always wanted a supercharged car, for the noise! Took it to elemental vw show as a couple of mates were going, happy to say she drove perfectly on the 80odd mile round trip and luckily it seems I've not picked up any stone chips from the M25! y7e2unaz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol just spotted the roof rack next door not one of my mates,anyone who looked at the 'mod hatred' thread will know what I'm talking about!

Edited by bennyk

Popped over to South London to pick this up yesterday, found them at a decent price and distance from me at last! rahy7ary.jpg

It needs a good clean but the bolsters are really good,it's got rear headrest holes and the all important red recaro badges! Oh and it was £200 which I didn't think was bad at all.

Old v's new;a9e7e9aj.jpg

Old interior ripped out also bought a bargain sub and amp from someone at work so I thought I'd get that in at the same time, as even with the new speakers in the doors etc, it still sounded like a headphone in a baked bean can and I like my music,don't worry I'm not going to be driving around scaring old grannies at 31 I'm far to old for that lol! 3a6epe2a.jpg

Rears in;yqy2a9yd.jpg

Fronts in;ydane6a8.jpg

Will be borrowing the wet vax machine from work in the week so will hopefully get them looking like new.

Going to get the eisenmann back box fitted at tx Autosport later today so the oval exhaust will be going:) so hopefully I'll update this later with it fitted!

Edited by bennyk

The covers are like new mate,the new interior came out of a polo,but with the recaros from a golf, so I used my back plates etc because as I found out yesterday polo seats are about 10mm smaller width wise, but as it turns out it's not at all hard to swap the covers over, what's wrong with yours?

Edited by bennyk

So got the eisenmann back box fitted today. It's a fair bit louder than the miltek in a nice way........I think! Tx Autosport got it fitting quite nicely but it turned out better to butcher the miltek back box for the bend over the axle and then extend the whole box back by about 3 inches including the hangers so it sat right with the US bumper, bit of a mission but I've not seen any other vr6's or golfs with one of these on (in the uk anyway) so I suppose it's worth it! On the ramp at tx;8a5uda7y.jpg

You can see the extended bit behind the box here;a5u5yqu4.jpg

Then it fitted; 2ahurady.jpgezy6yry5.jpgqa3erutu.jpg

It hangs a bit low at the moment because I need a new rear hanger which I had at work but forgot.

Thanks mate! Yeah you can't beat a set of recaros! Thought they'd suit the car a bit better than the more normal leather route.

Was good to meet bealieboy today and sort his seat out,got chatting so much I forgot to offer you a cuppa mate!

Top man for sorting my seat out Ben, thanks very much for doing that. Your car is very nice, the pics on here are great but it's even better in the flesh, the paint finish is superb..... Yeah, I thought there was a drought on in stortford today, I had to stop at a garage on the way home for a drink, I was parched!

Thanks again for today. I'll let you know when I've sort that paint out for you.

Sent from my Vr6 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally found one of these!!! a9a9yqum.jpg

It only took 6 months odd! Thanks to Calico for the pointer bought an odd complete light with a smashed lens for £33 inc postage,was a bit beaten up and has a small crack,but polished up well. Also got the brand new offside one a while back so fitted that.by6udyry.jpg

So popped the grill off and got the black copy covers off (which I might colour code) and popped the oe hella ones on,much better! setevary.jpg

Like new! uvumy6y5.jpgehu7ajep.jpggameqy4a.jpg

Also won this on the bay at a bargain price recently so jacked the engine up and got it on,can feel the improvement with just the one so will be looking out for the other two 2nd hand as I'm tight:)qa8y5equ.jpg

Then did a bit more cleaning under the bonnet to get it to some sort of standard of cleanlinessebenu9ut.jpg

Nice one bennyk, look forward to seeing the latest additions to the car at the w/e.

Hopefully the weather holds out! If you bring those beers I could do a scientific test to see if the quality of polishing gets better or worse as more beer gets consumed lol!