96 vr6 1st ever project build thread,

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's alive! https://vimeo.com/127356810 Another box ticked on my bucket list.......own a supercharged car! Love that noise!

Got a few more bits done this week, not as much as I would have liked as works been busy and I've been waiting on bits including the longer belt for the charger that's coming from America and is silly

Finally had some time recently to get a start on fitting the air ride onto the car, I managed to get a hardly used Airlift V2 digital set up with twin compressors at reasonable price, Started with s

Posted Images

Got the drivers door catch fixed as well, the reason I was having to jump out of the window or passenger door at Gti festival the other week! Not sure why it decided to stop working needless to say it was a bastard getting to it with the door shut!!053a18d5d315712aee5f06c1eeaaed3d.jpg

I had to do the same to mine a little while back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a reconditioned or nos bottom end?

Its a new old stock there's been a few on eBay recently for about £460 then spotted this the other day for £300 plus postage whist looking for other rebuild bits and thought it'd cost about the same as having one of my other bottom ends cleaned/honed/bored or whatever as it would to buy this plus I won't have to clean or paint it think there's a date on it that says it was made in 2003.

Its a new old stock there's been a few on eBay recently for about £460 then spotted this the other day for £300 plus postage whist looking for other rebuild bits and thought it'd cost about the same as having one of my other bottom ends cleaned/honed/bored or whatever as it would to buy this plus I won't have to clean or paint it think there's a date on it that says it was made in 2003.

I knew it I saw it last week

Got my side repeater delete/ badges on today; 8d1053d6db6f3317c5458e99ebaa6d8b.jpg

Very pleased with them about as oe looking as possible I think

Also got the new headlamp surround fitted kindly found and donated / swapped with Bealieboy, I think I now have pretty much a brand new set of Hella quads it's only taken a year! d7fadc475a8fb2d28d4cca5ef9e90c2e.jpg

The stone chips in the old one 7fb7024b78edb9732735902584571747.jpg

Edited by bennyk