• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got the engine back few more bits and it can go in :-)

Boost pipes are all cut and made ready to go on not much left now :-)

I'll throw a few pics up of what has been done :-) And that is how it's sits waiting for paint :-)

Posted Images

Right gonna make some sort of build thread I brought my self a five door vr6 in bright red with 150k on the clock in excellent condition

pic doesn't do it any justice but heres a couple of pics

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

and this one has my friends polo breadvan project :)

IMG_0539.jpg

it had some minimal mods full stainless exhaust and decat , lowered on spings and shocks, mk4 steering wheel , and a headlight mod.

Now then I brought this golf with the idea of turboing it , so it began lol. So far ive managed to get injectors 440cc bosch , turbo cast iron manifold , Tial 38mm wastegate , Walbro 225 fuel pump , 8:5:1 decompression plate and a manual boost controller.

heres a few pics

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

now then so far ive had the head off and that's now being checked by my local engineering shop and im now on the search for arp studs.

heres a couple of pics of the work so far

injectors fitted

IMG_0576.jpg

manifold removed and now for sale if anyone wants it

IMG_0572.jpg

partly stripped

IMG_0567.jpg

head removed

IMG_0570.jpg

and cleaned up

IMG_0574.jpg

any advice comments more than welcome

Are you not running an uprated clutch? I think you'll find you'll need to therefore would have been better with the engine and box out altogether. Also, with that turbo exhaust manifold you will more than likely need a short runner intake due to turbo orientation fouling on OE inlet mani.

Have the chains been done on this engine too? Good time to replace if not, especially at that mileage.

Short runner is a deffo and I'm going for a new crack pipe aswel and as far as chains these were changed by previous owner and look to be in good condition I was gonna leave the clutch until its up and running and do a rebuild on the gerbox and clutch later on I know it will have some slip but just trying to break it in to manageable sections lol

Right need some help tried to fit the walbro 255 into the original housing got it to fit sort of and not a clue what to do with the wiring and wether I've even installed the pump properly it's not sealed in as the old one was annoyed me so I've walked away from it for now

not sure on the fuel pump, think theres a thread on how to fit one on this site somewhere

id definately get the clutch done as it will slip and wont put power down! as i had aabout 400bhp then turned boost back down to 300 and still slipped badly. id also do something with the brake servo pipe at the back above where the turbo will be as it might melt (as did mine :() good work so far though :D keep up the build!