• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got the engine back few more bits and it can go in :-)

Boost pipes are all cut and made ready to go on not much left now :-)

I'll throw a few pics up of what has been done :-) And that is how it's sits waiting for paint :-)

Posted Images

Ok I'm not concerned about budget I just want 400 bhp as I'm willing to get the parts as I go there's a lot of contradicting opinions lol making it bit of a decision making time Mazda injectors ? Will these fit the original fuel rail ? And what fuel pump is best with these thanks

Suppose it's up to you to do the research and decide yourself what's the best way to do it. Ask too many people (as you can see from this thread) and you will get too many contradicting opinions. Make your own mind up rather than having people make it up for you :) (My opinion of course lol)

Suppose it's up to you to do the research and decide yourself what's the best way to do it. Ask too many people (as you can see from this thread) and you will get too many contradicting opinions. Make your own mind up rather than having people make it up for you :) (My opinion of course lol)

I disagree entirely I think you should ask everyone and get a million answers and get that pissed off you think to hell with this and buy a push bike hahahahaha! ;) Gethin!

Haha, you'd know you were on a mission anyhow!

As far as turbos go, it is a minefield and we all have personal preferences...the bigger the number in AR the laggier it will be but make more hp at the top end. VR's like to rev which is why I prefer my turbos to be a bit bigger, plus it saves your chocolate 02A drivetrain ;) A lot of it is down to driving style too I suppose.

All info is gratefully received I am sure, I am also fascinated at the turbo modded cars, most of the threads start off well, then progress onto all sorts of updated manifolds, turbo's etc, there must be garages all over the place with enough bits to sell off to the novice like the OP or myself.

Haha' date=' you'd know you were on a mission anyhow!

As far as turbos go, it is a minefield and we all have personal preferences...the bigger the number in AR the laggier it will be but make more hp at the top end. VR's like to rev which is why I prefer my turbos to be a bit bigger, plus it saves your chocolate 02A drivetrain ;) A lot of it is down to driving style too I suppose.

[/quote']

You obviously know ALOT about this so I like your thinking of bit more lag saving the drive train what's the best option in your opinion thanks

Ok I'm not concerned about budget I just want 400 bhp as I'm willing to get the parts as I go there's a lot of contradicting opinions lol making it bit of a decision making time Mazda injectors ? Will these fit the original fuel rail ? And what fuel pump is best with these thanks

What is the reason for the specific 400hp? have you even driven a 400hp/ton front wheel drive car?

400hp is VERY easy to get on these engines, but its how that 400hp is delivered that you need to pay attention too.

Use a small frame turbo with a small turbine and you'll make 400hp with HUGE torque down low that will destroy clutches and gearboxs and drive horribly; or you can use a bigger frame turbo with bigger a turbine housing to produce 400hp with a decent torque curve. Your gearbox and clutch will have more respect for you this way and the car will drive 100 times better.

My advice to you is to NOT to listen to peoples OPINIONS on forums, as that is just what it is; The opinion of SOMEONE else. Another other reason is over half of them have no experience of what they talk about.

There is an over whelming amount of info about this in the net, if you have to ask, "Does xyz work" and you cant find the answer on the net, the chances are that it doesn't work.

Stock bottom end

8:1 cylinder head spacer plate

Turbo (my personal preference on the 12v is the GT35R with a 1.06 AR turbine, ive tried 'em all)

440cc injectors

95mm MAF with decent software

This will make 400hp everyday, and youll be able to drive it those days too :)

Fuel pumps, be careful. Over half the walbro stuff out there is Chinese copy and the same goes for the bosch 044. The bosch 044 is very old technology now that is very noisey and doesnt really support alot of power, as some people will have you believe. Have a look at some of the new technology pumps that you can just drop in your tank ;)

What is the reason for the specific 400hp? have you even driven a 400hp/ton front wheel drive car?

400hp is VERY easy to get on these engines' date=' but its how that 400hp is delivered that you need to pay attention too.

Use a small frame turbo with a small turbine and you'll make 400hp with HUGE torque down low that will destroy clutches and gearboxs and drive horribly; or you can use a bigger frame turbo with bigger a turbine housing to produce 400hp with a decent torque curve. Your gearbox and clutch will have more respect for you this way and the car will drive 100 times better.

My advice to you is to NOT to listen to peoples OPINIONS on forums, as that is just what it is; The opinion of SOMEONE else. Another other reason is over half of them have no experience of what they talk about.

There is an over whelming amount of info about this in the net, if you have to ask, "Does xyz work" and you cant find the answer on the net, the chances are that it doesn't work.

Stock bottom end

8:1 cylinder head spacer plate

Turbo (my personal preference on the 12v is the GT35R with a 1.06 AR turbine, ive tried 'em all)

440cc injectors

95mm MAF with decent software

This will make 400hp everyday, and youll be able to drive it those days too :)

Fuel pumps, be careful. Over half the walbro stuff out there is Chinese copy and the same goes for the bosch 044. The bosch 044 is very old technology now that is very noisey and doesnt really support alot of power, as some people will have you believe. Have a look at some of the new technology pumps that you can just drop in your tank ;)

[/quote']

Ok that's exactly what I'm looking for Sony want to kill the gearbox ect thanks

My advice to you is to NOT to listen to peoples OPINIONS on forums' date=' as that is just what it is; The opinion of SOMEONE else. Another other reason is over half of them have no experience of what they talk about.

[/quote']

Comments like that don't help your reputation and what sets your opinions apart from other people's who have experience? Just because you sell chips that work for some people and not others, doesn't make you the authority on this subject.

That's a pretty low comment Kev, also misleading and derogatory. Matt has done some pretty ground breaking stuff as far as writing software is concerned and a long way off old skool chips that you refer to; that coupled with his involvement in building some of the fastest VR6 and Audi RS cars in the world makes him more qualified than most on here to make any of the factual statements he makes and in turn sets his opinion apart from the rest which is valued by most users on here.