You're Never Too Old To Be A Tw*t!!

As the title suggests, I've been a pillock.

After picking my car up from Stealth after almost a month off the road I've been caught speeding.

The most annoying bit about it is that I'd driven past the "safety camera" van an hour before I flew past it - just forgot it was there!!

I've had a clean bloody licence for ten years as well. x)

Anyone had any experience of what happens when you're caught doing 113mph on a motorway???

(I'm expecting to be off the road again for a while!)

What do they say - boys never grow up, they just grow old.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe (not 100% on this tho) if your caught at over 100 on a motorway its an instant 6 month ban - I know what you mean tho - I got caught (only 43 in a 30) but i'd past the 'safety' van 10 mins before but forgot about it on the return journey!

Well look on the bright side at least you've got your car back!

Get yourself a good solicitor/lawyer who knows all the laws inside out. I got caught doing 62 in a 30 earlier this year, I was up in court in July and escaped with 4 points, and that was in an area notorious for boy racers, I was told to expect a 6 month ban by the b*stard coppers.

my mate got caught at 177mph and got a 7 week ban...he was in a nova as well' date=' so think you may get away with a tad less, but just depends on the judge.[/quote']

177 in a Nova? :o

thats exactly what i was gonna say how much bloody powers it got and what gearbox was in it?

Just had a look on here;

http://www.speed-trap.co.uk

The punishments range from a £200 fine and 21 day ban to a year ban and a resit of the driving test!! FOOK!

Looks like it depends on whether the magistrate considers speeding to be worse than serial killing.

I couldn't pass a driving test nowadays. When I took my test all you had to do was follow the bloke walking in front with a red flag! ;)

Nobody else been done at over the ton?

(Love the "Golf" cover story, Binliner - only just read it.

Great advert for how sweet a MK3 can be 8) )

[ Edited Thu Dec 30 2004, 07:22PM ]

Sh*t - SORRY

My head's all over the place at the moment!

Getting nicked for speeding's not the end of the world compared to that. Feel for you' date=' mate :( [/quote']

don't worry mate I'll be back with another VR...cheers for the compliment!

I'd have thought you're 10 year clean licence should count for something when it comes to the fine/ban

No one has ever been caught doing over 157mph on a national motorway in the UK. If you remember, a couple of years back, a guy was cought in scotland in a new M3, he was clocked at just under 156mph. Here's the news article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3030327.stm

I'm pretty sure this stands for the whole of the UK as my cousin is a traffic cop and he told me about it.

I have asked him about your predicament mate, and he has said that anyone caught doing over 100mph and over on any road will be arrested immediatley if they can be stopped. I can back this up as I was in a car a mate was driving on the M4 a few years ago and we were clocked at 104mph.

I can safely say the Omega moved from a standing start to catching us in the blink of an eye. He was nicked, placed in the back of the cop car and I had to drive his Nissan Sunny to Thames Valley HQ in Oxford. He would have been banned for 6 months but he needed his car to work. Needless to say he was banned for 1 month and fined £600.

I don't reckon you were caught mate.

As for the Nova, I reckon the terminal velocity of a Nova is anywhere near 177mph, its just not aerodynamically possible, more like 150 and thats gotta be with a 16v turbo motor in it. 177? not a chance!

[ Edited Thu Dec 30 2004, 11:36PM ]