how many ppl let other ppl drive there VR6

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only let 4 people drive my car. Sparkz, his missus, my best mate and my sister. Sparkz has driven some seriously powerful motors (R32 Turbo springs to mind), his missus has a VR and uses his R32 daily. My best mate is a driving instructor like me, has a V6 4MO and an Integra Type R previous. My sister thinks the VR it a big waste of money and petrol and as such drives it sensibly on the rare occaisons she has to, and I taught her to drive. All apart from my sister have had or driven cars equal to or way above the spec of mine so I'm cool with that. It's all down to the driver, their level of experience and whether the lead has been removed from their right boot :)

NO ONE!!! lol

At VW Action when it needed moving 3 feet or so to let another car out. Even though it was running I thought "No more than my lifes worth' date=' I'll wait for her" ;-)

[/quote']

Hahahaha... Im not that bad, i have let my boyfriend drive it once or twice, but i dont like it.

I am the same, if they break it they fix it and i know im too soft to ask so would foot the bill myself and id rather not take the risk, everyone i know has their own cars that are pretty nice so there's no real need.

I dont think its 'obsessive' to have a little pride in your car, mine is no Ferrari but to me it is, its the nicest car ive ever owned (only my third) and im very proud of it... nothin wrong with that :) :) :)

Only person who's driven mine is my mum, which i don't mind too much as she drives like Captain Slow ;-) Plus she doesn't have her own car and only borrows it on occasions, so i don't mind helping her out. Mind you, she did manage a tiny scrape on the front corner, which i was GUTTED about, but felt guilty about making her pay for repair so not got round to it yet and when i do, it'll be out of my own pocket cos i'm too nice!

Would let certain mates have a go if i was in car with them. There are others i def wouldn't let near it though!!

Wouldn't let any of my mates drive it as let one of them move my work van 10ft max and he somehow managed to pull a stunt like that woman on youtube in the skoda estate who drives it UP the gate post!!!

Would only let my old man drive it (he has no interest in cars which i'm really gutted about so trying to get him to drive something pretty powerful compared to his usual sh*t boxes!) and would let a few folk off here drive it due to the fact they drive one all the time and have mutual respect for the VR6.

Dont have a VR6 but gots a rather newish car,

let me stepdad drive it cus hes a trucker so quite dependable,

only let the misses drive it if im in the car

No-one else is allowed, only on the basis if they damage it i wud have to chase them for the money to repair it which is more hassle than its worth.

Im not fussed about the car, just the relationship that could be buggered due to it!!

let anyone go in mine, tho apart from me only 2 mates and my mrs have ever driven it cos its a horrible drive! bouncy, crashy, bumpy and its mentally draining watching out for potholes and stuff in the road, but i love it :)

• 2 months later...

NO ONE!!! lol

At VW Action when it needed moving 3 feet or so to let another car out. Even though it was running I thought "No more than my lifes worth' date=' I'll wait for her" ;-)

[/quote']

I had this very special honour before the Ring trip !!! followed her up the road in it for a couple of miles, although I am fairly sure she was looking in her rear view mirror most of the way !! ;) ;) I have never been so nervous driving a car in my life (tu) (a) all the way !!