Gutted!!....for Justin (Binliner)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin, just read about your shunt, I'm gutted for you as it was my idea what a quality VR should look like ( maybe except the 5 doors!!- only joking m8)

Hope your ok though seriously, and I'm sure you'll find something else. All the best!

i'd say it needs reshelling tbh, and the insurance will not be going down that road unless the agreed value is quite high! went down this route with a beetle of mine that got shunted when some dodery old git pulled outta a junction in front of me! agreed value my arse! i hope they pay you what the car rightly deserves justin! and lets all start searching for its replacement, gutting i know(been there twice now), but a better excuse to do what you were aiming for will never present itself!

Damn. I had something similar happen in my Subaru last week, put it into a corner, not particularly fast, the back end let go and it started to spin. I managed to get control of it, but it was one hell of a scary moment. This stuff can happen very easily at this time of year with the wet, greasy roads.

I hope you come back with a new Golf project, even bigger and badder than the last one! Golf 4Motions are going for pretty good money these days and I reckon one of those would look great with the "binliner" treatment!

i'd say it needs reshelling tbh' date=' and the insurance will not be going down that road unless the agreed value is quite high! went down this route with a beetle of mine that got shunted when some dodery old git pulled outta a junction in front of me! agreed value my arse! i hope they pay you what the car rightly deserves justin! and lets all start searching for its replacement, gutting i know(been there twice now), but a better excuse to do what you were aiming for will never present itself![/quote']

no i don't think so.

the front will be bolt off bolt on stuff...if you get second hand panels it wont even cost much. then you'd rpob need new chassis legs welding in, which will be the most expensive bit. the rear damage is fairly minor, prob looks worse than it is.

Binliner, I have not been on this forum very long mate and having read the last few pages have realised what this club is all about. I was chuffed to bits when i found out that i was a member of a forum that had the owner of 'that well smart car' in The Golf mag. Now i am gutted for ya, my comiserations mate!!!! x) Mick

is slippy in stoke apparantly, my girlfriend told me she had a big understeer moment in stoke the other day in her polo. glad she's been listening to me and didn't lift off violently.

we've been pretty fortunate down here, up until today the roads were bone dry.

i've only ever once had my vr6 properly sideways, and that was in stoke...one the same roundabout as the girlie had her 'moment' on. its the one where you come down from keele uni towards newcastle. was mega easy to catch tho with a quick application of throttle. one of lorna's friends was behind and said it looked mega spectacular. lol

Its just to shocking I can't put words to an answer on this thread. Just that I feel for you Justin you've put so much hard work in on that car over the last year or so. :? x)

But like they say every cloud has a silver lining I'm sure the car will be easily replaced and I'm sure you'll get something equally as lovely back on the scene in no time at all :-)

As I've said before if you need anything just give us a shout :)

Justin - genuinely feel for you mate. Just read the posts.

I know it's bad enough when you prang any car but yours was something special. (Probably not what you want to keep hearing now, sorry!)

I've done it in what was my pride and joy at the time and I know how gutting it is but you'll get over it in time and be back putting cars like mine to shame in Show N Shines ;)

[ Edited Sun Dec 19 2004, 07:50PM ]