Gutted!!....for Justin (Binliner)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everyone for all the support.... it hasn't been assessed yet but looks like a write off to me :(

lost control on a slippery bit of road last night... wasnt going especially fast, car wasnt even warmed up as had only just set out but didnt realise how greasy the roads were... cant remember exactly what happened but I hit the central reservation which spun me back accross the road into the barrier.

thankfully no one was hurt and no other cars involved... still can't get my head around it so no idea what Im gonna do next

It wasn't the Golf I saw on the road between the end of the avenue of remebrance and colchetser institute last night was it Justin?

When I drove past it on the other side of the road I looked accross, but it was dark and couldn't really tell.

I'm really gutted for you mate :( , at least you are ok, thats the most important thing.

Man thats harsh....when I drove past it I looked at it and it went through my head that isn't Justins is it? Nah it can't be!

If I had more time i'd have turned round and had a closer look.

Really sorry for ya mate, I know only too well what its like to loose your pride and joy, as its the reason I have the vr6 now and not the rs1800 thats sitting broken on my drive.

Sorry to here what happened Justin. As long as you are ok and nobody else was injured then thats what matters.

Is it me or are the roads a lot slippier than they usually are for weather like this?

I almost went smack into the back of somebody last night as my brakes had no effect! Stopped about 2cms from his bumper! Didnt help that the guy in front of me broke late and ended up on the wrong side of the road!

Anyway, glad you are ok mate.

Mate, it just goes to show that it doesn't take much to bend 'em and alot to mend 'em. That quarter panel has just folded like paper, It seems to be a very weak spot on Mk3 Golfs. I still can't believe how lucky I was!

I'm glad your ok, its all replaceable. Once your insurance company sees the mag pics I wouldn't have thought they'd think twice about paying out your agreed value. I don't think i'll drive mine at all now!