Engine - before and after..........update 16/05/05

Just a little progress report on my engine rebuild ready for the transplant into my Mk2 Golf.

Stripped down the 140,000 mile engine to a block, checked bores and look good, so gave it a good clean before painting it up.....

76440462.jpg

76440867.jpg

....and here it is after paint....

76440457.jpg

Some ancillaries fitted inc new water pump and metal crack pipe.....

76440444.jpg

Box full of assorted chrome brackets, bolts, nuts, washers etc..

76445544.jpg

Fully rebuilt head from StealthRacing, cams fitted along with polished lower inlet manifold....

76440439.jpg

All new chains, guides, tensioner, head gasket etc....

76440428.jpg

Polished rocker cover, alternator and thermo housing fitted...

76440415.jpg

Upper manifold trial fitted......still need to fit injector rail etc..

76441146.jpg

....just bling it!!..........

76441283.jpg

Hope you like it, it's been done over the last couple of weekends and most of the stuff was bolted together yesterday.....will keep you posted! ;)

[ Edited ]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys.. ;) - seeng the engine like that now has re-motivated me to get it finished now sooner rather than later......

Justin> the alternator has been fitted for the pics only and will be up for grabs as soon as my 120A one is back from the polishers......the one in the pic is a fully rebuilt 70A one...

Polishing and chroming was done by Cecil at Rainbow Polishing in Birmingham. He's done loads of stuff for me inc, my current 16v lump, my old Design90s, the Borbets, the VR lump, and loads of wheels/parts for my brother and mates. I believe he did Shaz's 20vT aswell as Lee-GTI 's 20vT in his mk2! His work is brilliant and cheap too! ;)

His details are :

Rainbow Polishing Unit 10, Britannia Works, Bridge St South, Smethwick, West Midlands B66 2BZ Tel: 0121 565 0967

Tell him Dalj recommended him, and he should look after you. Don't know how long he'll need the bits for as he's always really busy......