VR6Pete's Golf Mk2 VR6 Conversion [Finished]

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch with the mk3 mate... Was worrying me when looking into doing Nurburgring the costs of crashing into barriers etc...   

sounds as good as I left it last april... if not better! lol

1202573742_2_FT169489_dsc01789.jpg

straight on in this picture onto the mk2 hangers... but as you can, see its quite far over to the right side... so carl has chopped off the hangers from the mk3 shell and has welded it on the mk2 shell, as you can see on page 14, it looks alright from the pics, but doest sit 100% central, but looks good enough, and 100x better than the first picture..

couldn't justify spending even more money on a new exhaust, when i was keen to use most things from the mk3 and stuck on the mk2, including indicator stalks, steering wheel, mk3 vr6 shifter, vr6 wide track, mk3 column and steering wheel and even my old petrol tank!

mostly all plug and play really...

Pete

Looking well Pete, glad it all coming together for ya.

A mate of mine has just brought a MK2 16v with the view to convert to a VR6 transplant with MK3 widetrack. He's looking to get a rear end damaged MK3 VR. I mentioned you was just going through exactly this.

Would you be so kind as to list EVERYTHING you took from the MK3 for the conversion?

Cheers mate

that aint air in the tyres ;)

LMAO pete is there anythink you need to get that can't be got from a mk3, Or anythink that gets damaged in the process so it wont go back in my mk3??

Thinking of putting my mk3 in a mk2 untill ive finshed my mk3 shell then swap it all back over

Few more bits have arrived today.. should have them fitted over the weekend.

new HT leads, 2 new samco's and some more heat wrap for my 6 branch.

Cheers Stealth Racing for pulling through and getting me these (apart from samco's) so quickly, and before the weekend.

Happy Days :)

Pete

1204307039_2_FT169489_dsc01807_.jpg

Ok... Here's a list of stuff I've put on the mk2 from the mk3, including other bits needed to complete my conversion.

From the mk3:

Petrol Tank (optional, just easier to replace it rather than messing about with fuel pumps, i'm lead to believe the 8v has a different pump than the 16v golf - not sure if anyone can confirm this?)

Steering Column

Ignition Barrel / key etc..

Indicator Stalks

Mk3 Steering Wheel

Mk3 Gear Shift Gator

Miltek Exhaust (with mk3 exhaust hangers chopped from my mk3)

6 Branch Manifold

De-cat pipe

Mk3 Brake Servo

mk3 samco's - 2 hoses not used

Mk3 wide track - 5 stud wheel (will require new stretch bolts, front / rear)

Mk3 PAS steering rack

mk3 Eibach Front ARB

Mk3 Koni Coilovers

Mk3 Wheels (needs a slight bit of arch work, nothing a grinder cant sort on the front arches, I need 2 new ones anyway, so will be rolling them properly when I have it re-sprayed)

Mk3 Brake Setup

Subframe / Axle stretch bolts

Mk3 engine loom / fusebox

Mk3 Floor Mats

Other Parts:

Corrado VR6 front cross-member

Corrado / Passat Peddle Box (for hydrolic clutch)

Corrado VR6 twin fans + radiator

Auxiliary Belt - I've now ditched the Air Con compressor

Replaced due to damage etc..

Vibra Technics rear engine mount

Gear Box Case and mount

New Clutch

New HT Leads

Top / Bottom Samco Hoses for Corrado VR6 radiator

Sump needed welding up

exhaust heat wrap

Cant think of anything else at the moment, will add if I remember anything else :)

Pete