[poll] What do you think of chrome

What do you reckon, should it be limited to just parts under the car ( engine etc ) and wheels or could a little chrome trim brighten up the mk3 Golf?

Just got me thinking as The new R32 uses a big chrome grille and alot of audis high spec models have chrome trim on the exterior such as mirror covers and around the windows etc

yeah i like a bit of bling in the right places ;) i am just getting around to blinging my VR up a little :) only some subtle touches like the door catches, bonnet stay, boot lock mechanism etc, and i must organise myself a seperate ob2 manifold to highly polish and fit at some point :-| ,

i think shiney bits look good but not so much on the exterior, i think chrome handles and mirror covers are a bit ott in the main but it depends how the rest of the car is styled as to whether it works?

a lot of VR`s on here are "mean" type styled, wide rims, black centred alloys, slammed and "track" inspired looks etc and others are more subtle just adding to the cars design with very minor mods, but thats the great thing about Dubs, they look so well on any type of styling, be it a stripped out racer or a full on blinged show car

It all depends on what your aiming for but its such a personal thing that comes down to an individuals taste and usually the current trends in styling and whats "happening" for the moment, if YOU like it fit it, at least your not afraid to stand out from the crowd and be different i say ;)

Loving chrome engine bays, but not so much chrome wheels, now highly polished is excellent. When i think of chrome wheels i think of cheapo Wolfrace/decent crap from Halfrauds. I will be starting to chrome my engine as soon as my cars been sprayed and the TT comps fitted. Only 4 days too go!!! Wooo.

Wher are you having your TTs done JK just got a price off pureKLAS seems reasonable ...£260 polished £400 polished and laquered.

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1175365519_4002_FT166861_tts_009.jpg]1175365519_4002_FT166861_tts_009_.jpg[/lightbox]

Chrome in the engine bay is sweet but don't really like it that much elsewhere allthough there are a few cars out there that have been done so well it looks sweet

On the subject of polishing, i wanna do bits on my bay over the winter, can any one give me a few tips or point me in the direction of some good info please?

cheers

mart

I think chrome is great... pm me if you want to buy any bits ;):D

PHM Ive got some 5 door bits you might like

You never miss a trick justin ;) i have already got addicted to "the polishing company" products' date='........what bits you got then? ;)

Sorry for hijack :)

[/quote']

have a look here...

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?167441