New Website - Your Thoughts?

Looks good, I like the overall look and the colours.

Just one or two points though - why is it so thin? I can appreciate that not everybody has stupidly big monitors, but even on my 14" laptop screen it doesn't fill the screen. It would be easier to read, and larger pictures wouldn't overspill the page.

Secondly, if someone posts pictures that are bigger than the width of the forum, can we have something put in place to automatically re-size the images so you can click on them to get it in full res (like Edition 38 now has)? I've just had a moderator re-size my images to fit the page and they look crap and fuzzy which makes it pretty pointless posting them.

Just a couple of thoughts.. :)

Looks good' date=' I like the overall look and the colours.

Just one or two points though - why is it so thin? I can appreciate that not everybody has stupidly big monitors, but even on my 14" laptop screen it doesn't fill the screen. It would be easier to read, and larger pictures wouldn't overspill the page.

Secondly, if someone posts pictures that are bigger than the width of the forum, can we have something put in place to automatically re-size the images so you can click on them to get it in full res (like Edition 38 now has)? I've just had a moderator re-size my images to fit the page and they look crap and fuzzy which makes it pretty pointless posting them.

Just a couple of thoughts.. :)

[/quote']

Hi,

It's actually wider than the previous site.... images should be no bigger than 640x480 on here now (previously it was 500px W. (perhaps you should read the forum rules? ;) any uploaded images into the forum are automatically resized... unfortunatly it works differently for off-site hosted images, but I will have some new code that will automatically do that, but it caused problems last time I tested.

but given your premium member already, why dont you just upload the images into the thread, then you dont have to worry about that.

almost forgot to add that a version will be released later on that has functionality to set your own screen width.

like the new look but it's displaying strangely at work... everything on the main page is touching the edge of the screen on the left and the top bar is showing twice?

Can you please provide the following information matey.

User Agent String

Screen Resolution