New Website - Your Thoughts?

Hi' date='

It's actually wider than the previous site.... images should be no bigger than 640x480 on here now (previously it was 500px W. (perhaps you should read the forum rules? ;) any uploaded images into the forum are automatically resized... unfortunatly it works differently for off-site hosted images, but I will have some new code that will automatically do that, but it caused problems last time I tested.

but given your premium member already, why dont you just upload the images into the thread, then you dont have to worry about that.

almost forgot to add that a version will be released later on that has functionality to set your own screen width.

[/quote']

Fair enough, I'm just used to using 800x600 for pics - I'll upload to the thread in the future.

A version that enabled you to chose the width would be great, it looks tiny on a 19" monitor, lol.

Thanks.

1024x768 and I dont know what the other thing is!

It goes when you pull the window out to full width but if it isnt full width its dropping a second image underneath

It's just the browser version, OS string and rendering engine that every web browser has to identify it's self to the webserver....

what browser and OS you using?

can you screenshot me the issue please ? it could be a number of things causing that to happen.....

I suspect it's the banner doing it, but need to see the problem at first hand.

Cheers,

Pete

Hi' date='

It's actually wider than the previous site.... images should be no bigger than 640x480 on here now (previously it was 500px W. (perhaps you should read the forum rules? ;) any uploaded images into the forum are automatically resized... unfortunatly it works differently for off-site hosted images, but I will have some new code that will automatically do that, but it caused problems last time I tested.

but given your premium member already, why dont you just upload the images into the thread, then you dont have to worry about that.

almost forgot to add that a version will be released later on that has functionality to set your own screen width.

[/quote']

Fair enough, I'm just used to using 800x600 for pics - I'll upload to the thread in the future.

A version that enabled you to chose the width would be great, it looks tiny on a 19" monitor, lol.

Thanks.

Watch this space :D

Really like it but am i missing something here?...

To view posts since last visit..

if i click on 'New Posts' in the main forum page it brings up a list but if i go in through the home page there was an option (which isnt there today? ) which said something along the lines of 'there have been x amount of posts since your last visit, click to view'...and this was the one i used as it seemed to contain more posts??

So, where's that option gone and am i using the correct function to view new posts? ..

I'm confused.. :S

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

New website is class, its a tribute to all the people that work behind the scenes of this excellent owners club who rarely get the praise they deserve. May i suggest that you try and get this site featured in the back of performance VW mag, where they hae a list of all the best vw sites, vr6oc.com is certainly worthy of a place, its f**"ing excellent!

New website is class' date=' its a tribute to all the people that work behind the scenes of this excellent owners club who rarely get the praise they deserve. May i suggest that you try and get this site featured in the back of performance VW mag, where they hae a list of all the best vw sites, vr6oc.com is certainly worthy of a place, its f**"ing excellent!

[/quote']

Im pretty sure this has been tried before but they never seem to bother!