Pure Detail Vs Badly taken care of corrado

Started on this car before xmas...

just look at how bad it was!!!!!!

dscf0572lc8.jpg

dscf0573lk3.jpg

dscf0575ul0.jpg

i have the car today, as he was going to get it resprayed and i was the last resort!

almost told him to carry on to the body shop when he arrived

the scratches in the 3 shots, the whole car is like this only the bonnet is in O.K condition.

And i am still only HALF WAY THROUGH!!!!

full weekend detail!

as the roof was...

dscf0573lk3.jpg

half way through wet sanding...

dscf0593zw5.jpg

finished result....

dscf0590ba0.jpg

dscf0608mj3.jpg

I soon figured out that only W&D 2500grit will work. So going to have to sand the whole car.

Booked in again to be completed

:o Thats unreal!!! You wet and dry sanded the paintwork!? Can you do that!? Then what did you use on it? That looks resprayed' date=' im shocked, have i missed something... spurt

[/quote']

ha yes you can, only use 2500 and 3000 grit finishing paper tho. its how body shops flat done paint.

I then used a cutting polish with a PC. then a finer cutting polish, to follow with a glaze to bring out the colour then seal and wax. job done.

Ok got you' date=' so all those scratches must of been in the laquer, right? Im just trying to get my head round it!

[/quote']

haha, ye its probably like that due to years of misuse and washing it wrongly.

The scratches are fairly deep into the lacquer hence why a normal cutting product wouldn't work. So with the W&D paper i sanded down the lacquer by 40microns till the scratches were gone (not too far that i would have gone through the lacquer to the paint) then polished up to the shine, add glaze sealant and waxes. Then you get the results shown in the last pic.

what exactly is a detailer??

A valeter that pays attention to all the details - likes to get everything spot-on. For example, will never miss a bit of the bodywork / arches / back of the wheels / leave swirl marks in the paint, will do the glass and even the exhaust tips!