An alternative to the stock coilpack....

Tom, i believe Gruven parts are in the process of making these back plates as we speak, if you don't want to ;)

Also, have the leads youv'e made up got similar to the stock ends on with shields??? Can't see why you would want to keep the stock ones, other than that, why pay £80 for crap leads when you can buy gooduns for £30 :)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its gonna be round £100ish with all bits inclusive so its just a bolt on job no fassin around fabricating stuff lol god we're lazy :P . then ill put a request in for one on behalf of my mate 99.9% definate that hes up for one , ill tell him tommorow at work . And last but not least when enlargening the gap on the electrodes , what size would you recommend and what kind of gains would we be lookin at?

thanks mate

Liam

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Not been around much over Xmas. Were about to get cracking on making the braket nice and easy and plug and play. At the moment its a bit tricky as the mounting points to match the stock end plate sit right under where the coils need to be, so what where working on is the eaisest way round this.

Should be ready soon.

Re: the kit, I can supply the whole lot, or if people prefer we can just do the brackets and you can source the coils elswhere. Typically 3 options would be available:-

Bracket only

Bracket,3 coils and terminals to convert standard leads Bracket,3 coils and a set of 8mm leads.

I'll be able to confirm pricing as and when bracket is finalised, but atthe moment the pricing on the first post holds true.

Thanks for all the interest on this - wasnt expecting such a good response!

Tom.

Hi Tom

I'm in for a once of these set ups too bracket/leads/coils. My VR is missing and popping (unburnt fuel?) which I think is either sparks (replaced only 1500 miles ago.) or the coil pack. As Im saving for a FI set up in the next 6-9 months this would be a really good move to replace now if it is the coilpack. Dead keen to get this so idea of when you can finalise would be great.

i may have a set too, but id want a price on the whole lot, ready to fit straight onto the car, as i realy dont have much time anymore!!

if you could give me a price tom on coils, and leads with the connectors on them ready to plug and play, thatd be great... :)

cheers alot

i may have a set too' date=' but id want a price on the whole lot, ready to fit straight onto the car, as i realy dont have much time anymore!!

if you could give me a price tom on coils, and leads with the connectors on them ready to plug and play, thatd be great... :)

cheers alot

[/quote']

ditto :)

Hi all.

Thanks for the continuing support for this idea. We are getting the bracket sorted out - making it plug and play is the hardest part - for example the msd coils are larger so the original mounting holes are covered.

Were getting it done asap, wont be too long, but I am consious of getting it right first time and not just rushing through a bracket that is fiddly and requires half a day to fit.

Also doing longevity testing on the coils themseles, all good so far!

Been a caught a little off guard with the amount of interest, but as i said, wont be too long, will keep you all informed!

Tom.

Nice one fella - I've got a crack in mine so will need it replacing soon. Happy to put down a deposit on one of these as I know what it's like - people back out when it comes to putting their hands in their pockets, but if they are plug and play and better than OEM and around 100quid, I'm in!!!