Sign in to follow this  
antera309

VR6 fuel economy / mpg

What fuel economy should I expect from my Golf VR6?

From the experience of the VR6OC's members, the average fuel consumption figures for a standard (or lightly modified) VR6 are:

Urban: 19-24mpg

Motorway: 27-31mpg

Depending on how hard it is being driven!!

thats realistic im at the upper end of them figures with 215 ish bhp u can get great mpg from a vr i once got 44 breifly and 42 over 50 miles once BUT it drops like a brick if u give it some hehe

i daily get 32 mpg from my VR6 auto - my 98 mile round trip commute is practically all motorway, with some congestion.

on general combined, i'm getting around 27 mpg - and i don't hang about.

duncs

I generally get about 22-27 mpg [my b/friend says I have a heavy right foot! ;)] although often get a lot lower as I dont use the car for long distance at the moment.

When I do I once saw 39 mpg but have never seen anymore than that!

I average around 33mpg, That's with some steady and some quicker driving. Highest I've had is 38mpg, but if i boot it, or in traffic it tends to drop to around 25mpg

the best ive had from mine in a week of ownership is 25.5mpg, whilst doing a steady 70mph.

Worst is 22mpg whilst giving it some.

Gauge seems slow to change, the numbers change only every 5-10 mins, and then only by .1mpg at a time....is this normal?

i got 37mpg doin 70mph constant..and when i slowed down to 60mph it went to 38 but i couldn't keep at that pace. so continued at 80mph for the rest of the journey at around 35mpg.

not long back from leicester i ended the 320 mile round trip with a figure of 40.7 on 95ron fuel but i have seen 47.6 on optimax obd2 owners should check the non return valve for the cam breather as it makes a big difference to fuel economy (when was the last time you changed it)

not long back from leicester i ended the 320 mile round trip with a figure of 40.7 on 95ron fuel but i have seen 47.6 on optimax obd2 owners should check the non return valve for the cam breather as it makes a big difference to fuel economy (when was the last time you changed it)

Where is this non return valve for the cam breather?

the best ive had from mine in a week of ownership is 25.5mpg' date=' whilst doing a steady 70mph.

Gauge seems slow to change, the numbers change only every 5-10 mins, and then only by .1mpg at a time....is this normal?

[/quote']

You have yours set on trip average, not continuous.

the best ive had from mine in a week of ownership is 25.5mpg' date=' whilst doing a steady 70mph.

[/quote']

You have yours set on trip average, not continuous.

Got me interested in this now mate!

How do you get it on continuous?