All u need are the s3 caliper carriers that fit straight onto your existing vr calipers. The caliper will need a couple of washers to space them properly onto the discs. Roughly 3mm. Also u will need some longer bolts (high tensile steel)which u can purchase from wicks to bolt the calipers on. Although they will bolt on with the standard ones(not recommended). Oh and of course u will need to get yourself some s3 disks. 8o)

u use the stadard vr6 calipers using the hub carriers to mount the discs correctly for 312 disk. I got them off nik saran for £50 and says they fit straight on!

Where do you get the hub carriers - Nik Saren? Is there a website? What size wheels do you have? Would 16" be ok or do i have to go 17"?

[ Edited Fri May 28 2004' date= 09:42AM ]

ACF - pm me, I have the 288mm setup for sale, complete

Re this conversion, ask Speedo on here, he has already done it. The calipers are the same as 288mm late VR ones BTW, its just the carrier that is different

This conversion is too easy! Got to be the cheapest way to upgrade your 288mm disks. Although I would recommend making a proper spacer (easy to do) rather than a few washers.

Most 17" and some 16" wheels fit over them, but best to check before you buy!

u use the stadard vr6 calipers using the hub carriers to mount the discs correctly for 312 disk. I got them off nik saran for £50 and says they fit straight on!

Nice trick. Using the extra leverage of the 312 discs with the existing VR calipers. A cost effective upgrade!

I would think 288 setup calipers would be better as they have 30% more pad area?

K

I got to save up to buy the disks and also some suspension which might take ages as my superchargerd setup is playing up a little and i am proper skint :-(. I heard something funny today " u can tell who the vr6 drivers are.. they don't even shave cos they can't afford the razors, all their money goes on their cars..."

Yer. i done it and very impressed :)

I am using original 288 calipers, and 4 motion carriers & discs.

Had a friend machine a set of 5 mm spacers and bob`s ya auntie :D

...much`o improv`o 8o)

The only snag i had was that you have to file down a tiny part of the carrier, as you are moveing it 5mm in one direction, and it catches the disc slightly.......

• 2 weeks later...
Yer. i done it and very impressed :)

I am using original 288 calipers' date=' and 4 motion carriers & discs.

Had a friend machine a set of 5 mm spacers and bob`s ya auntie :D

...much`o improv`o 8o)

The only snag i had was that you have to file down a tiny part of the carrier, as you are moveing it 5mm in one direction, and it catches the disc slightly....... [/quote']

got any pics?