how many miles do people get to a tank???

my driving tends to be mostly in 60 zones at a steady 70 or 80 to be honest i rarely see over 250 miles to a tank is that ok??

i do have a haevy right foot and like testing the 0-60 sometimes but should average be over most tanks be as low as 26-28 mark???

drove to manchester and back recently averaged 78mph and in a 600 mile round trip used 3 tanks which kind of shocked me!!!

That sounds high to me. I usually average 300-320 miles per tank of combined driving and it's alway the upper level on long journeys.

Do you use 4th or 5th gear at all?? ;)

what u mean that sounds high then say u get 100 more than i do???

jesus forgot their was 4th and 5th cos the previous owner cahnged the gear knob!! ;)

tend do use mixture depends on how much of my wages iv spent have run plenty tanks of optimax though and no noticable difference.

could it be my MAF??

is it worth ordering one just incase???

im guessing if it's not that it's my heavy right foot causing the problem!!

I never really look at how many miles I get per tank of fuel.

I use Tesco 99Ron fuel and average 24-25Mpg.......

I do have a tedancy to get away from all the saxo's and corsa's tha sit on my rear end though :-)

Mark.

I average about 14mpg around town and 20-22 on the motorway

you do know vrs have 5 gears not 3 dont ya :o;) :-d

the only time i fill up is when i go on a long journey.

i use pretty much exactly a tank goin 220 ish miles (round trip) to santa pod and 6 ish runs (there all day) (a)

Think someones asked him that already.....or couldn't you think of your own witty comment?? ;)

Yup i know she has 5 gears, It's this SHITE SUPERCHIP I PURCHASED :@

Mine varies wildly, wifey doing school run all week @23mpg, combined i get around 28mpg, same for fast motorway driving, got it up to 36mpg a few times driving like a grandad, was trying to hit 40mpg to prove a point!!

Think someones asked him that already.....or couldn't you think of your own witty comment?? ;)

Yup i know she has 5 gears' date=' It's this SHITE SUPERCHIP I PURCHASED :@

[/quote']

Take the chip out then????

nope i just didnt read every post ;)

Yup i know she has 5 gears' date=' It's this SHITE SUPERCHIP I PURCHASED :@

[/quote']

Take the chip out then????

It's coming Out!! (i)

um.. er.. 140? with £40.00 / 98ron & £50.00 / 11 lbs n20..

but, em, er i also have a diesel van for running around in and i get 700 to a tank in that so it makes it all better.. honest!

i get around 500-550km(have seen 600km) pr. tank but i have 55km each way.around 10-12km/l

around town i do 7.5-9km/l

i only ru 98 ron or v-power 97ron,in my previus front wheel driven vr i have seen around 1km/l diff, between 95 and 98

Mines doing about 250 I'd say - Im not really to bothered though as it sounds about right & I do have a heavy right foot plus I usually only get to drive it at the weekends!

Tip: If you fill up when its cooler ie: middle of the night during the summer months etc u will get more fuel for your money as the petrol will be less dense, wont be much but every little helps.