Tell me your injuries! (please)

And you still tried riding off after that?

Your shoulder must have felt a bit floppy! :-)

Yh well at first it just felt stiff then after tried to stretch it out that must of been when it dislocated when I get on my laptop I'll post the X-ray up. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my list haha

Cracked my head open when a brick hit it, whilst playing army at age 9

Run over on 6th birthday

Molten solder exploded in my face whilst drunkenly making fishing weights with a hollowed out potato, age 22

Snapped radial head clean through on right arm after falling out of the back of my van, age 25

Fractured one heel, shattered the other, age 23 (forgot to bend my knees)

Pencil speared through hand at school, age 14

Hit in hand when shotgun cartridge exploded when we put it in a bonfire, age 16

Speared kidney with a rib and massive concussion after colliding with a wall, playing bulldog, age 10

And my personal favourite, a bollock some how disappeared up into my pelvis and wouldn't come back down, age 25

LOL

hmm so many but rugby was respnsible for my two worst !!

Firstly I managed to break my collar bone and dislocate my shoulder at the same time and because of the break they couldnt reset my shoulder so it now sits about an inch lower than the other side, nothing they could do as was in so much pain even drugged up when they tried to move it, already been warned going to have bad arthritis when I am older :(

Secondly stood at the back of the scrum when it suddenly came backwards someone stood on my foot so that stayed still and then 7 large blokes weight pushed me back ripping all the tendons in my ankle - went to the doctors you told me I had only sprained it so left walking along the street a couple of days later and all of a sudden my ankle just gave way so went back to see them they sent me for a scan and now I have several metal pins holding my ankle together !!

working with power tools daily means I have had loads of near misses !! using a massive table saw the other day and it caught a knot in the wood and flipped the wood round bringing my hand just passed the blade, basically skinned one of my knuckles but was mm away from being very very nasty :(

also not taken any pics as cant stand looking at things like this - skipped through the pics in this thread

Wow thats quite a list xyber how did u manage to lose a bollock lmao

this!!!

Ben be careful with those bloody tools (excuse the pun!) Sounds like that could have been a real nasty one!!

I was lucky with ruby, only had my tooth kicked out (and then the crown a few times), black eyes, bust lips etc broken little finger (which i never even knew about until one day i looked at it and realised it wont go straight anymore!) and 2 broken ribs. Broken ribs are a f*cker for the simple fact there is nowt you can do about them other than let them heal!

Had a VERY close near miss when i got stamped on in the head. Hairline fracture to my temple - thats when i decided enough was enough. Funny thing was non of the injuries were really when i was playing semi pro for Carlisle and County!! They were all school level except the temple one which was at uni!

Tore my right knee open playing football on my first visit to Wales, on the first day there as well!!! Tackled a lad, went to the ground and managed to land on THE only stone on the pitch! Typical!!

hm to much to count lol, my worse is probely a torn ligament in my knee

DSCF1273.jpg

that was 2month on crutches then 4months sitting on my arse 9getting big by then lol)

that was a wall ride on my bike that went wrong and left me falling about 3 meters to the floor it hurt.

iv broke 8 of my ten fingers, that 8 fingers but that dont mean i only broke them once lol

my most painfull was when i broke my jaw and cut my chin open, thats only because when i went to the hopital the stupid doctor handled my face like a twat when he tryed to stich it up been unaware of the broking jaw.

but yea iv had far more lol.

my most recent injerys came from my bike again and someone filmed it lol, and i found the vids on my pc, i had lots of swelling around my hands and sholders and knees but it was fun, and i thought i got close anothe that i would try it for a secound time but just got hurt more lol

I've taken a dart to the head when at a fair ground' date=' was no major damage other than a pierce wound but still a weird injury...... I heard they used a similar story on casualty last week!

My mum txt me..... Ur on the tv, ur on the tv!!!! Lol

[/quote']

i accidentally threw a dart in my little brothers head when he was about 6. I say accidentally i told him that i was going to throw it and he should move and he didnt move when i threw it.

Oh when I was 16 I punched a wall ( for reason I won't go into) end result was the top knuckle of my little finger shattered and now lives half way up my hand. Surprisingly ur body creates a new one from cartalidge so it doesn't cause too much trouble except not bein able to bend my finger bk at all....... If I catch it n it bends bk the pain is insane!!

On the plus side.... Can't get arthritis in it :-)

And my personal favourite' date=' a bollock some how disappeared up into my pelvis and wouldn't come back down, age 25

[/quote']

LMAO!! pics or it didnt happen!! (jokes):P

I wish I filmed it, it popped back out at suprising speed. I didn't notice my voice get higher or anything though......

Too many to list but some of the more interesting..

Dislocated right thumb ended up level with my wrist

Broken upper jaw now held with 4 plates

Damaged bollock, 2 weeks in hospital, 6 months bed ridden, 1 year to sort out and 2 kids later all back to normal.

metal filings in my eyes after a work accident, drove myself to hospital with bleeding eyelids

i similar to bungy have dislocated both me thumbs..

broke both ankle's

broken collar bone

nose at least 3 times

screwdriver through me hand ..

burns on me back from playing football in the sea , that required hospital treatment.. and i had sun block on.

fairly normal stuff on reflection

when i was 15 i got punched in the face by some smackhead, no really some guy off his tits on drugs who must have been about 27. We were playing football and he just comes across chuntering away to himself gets all angry and says i said something to his girlfriend and now she left him and thumped me in the face. I need glasses and he hit me in the left eye, the lens cut my eyelid off it was only held on at the very sides, it flopped down so when my eyelids met i could still see out of it. Blood in your eye hurts like mental too. Only have the smallest thinnest scar from them stitching it back in place.

Just spent 2 days in the acute care unit after a few weeks of feeling rubbish then worsening and worsening.

Had the emergency doc out on sunday night and they said if no better in the morning go back. I went back and they did their tests and next minute im being admitted with suspected meningitis! And they are are super wary as i had it 9 years ago too.

I endured a battery of tests including brain scans (they confirmed yes its there) chest xrays and enough doctors bullshit to speculate that i had anything they could think of.

Including a lumbar puncture which is easily 8 out of 10 for pain, where they stick a quite large gauge needle into your spine and drain some brain fluid off to check it for infection.

It feels like they are sticking a knitting needle in your spine and it doesnt let up after its over, felt like a donkey repeatedly kicking me in the same place.

Then they said theres nothing up with me that they can treat and ive got an insanely bad viral infection and i just have to get better, they forecast 3 weeks!! Then they booted me out of bed at 7 this morning and told me to get picked up. At least they let me stay in the tv room til me gf could come get me so thats a bonus

So im now sat back at home laid up with a box of tramadol to quell the agony

seems like something thats going round at least here anyway, the guy to the right of me came in lastnight and i overheard his discussion with the docs and he had the exact problems over the exact time i did.

cheers mate, what a set we are on this site eh, yea seems like this has been the worst year on record for me, they said i got labrynthitis too which is a middle ear infection and makes you feel motion sick constantly, like when youve had too much to drink and you lie in bed and your whole world tumbles around you. I already had 2 injections of cyclizine which is a motion sickness drug they did them with pub darts it felt like, im stable enough to keep pills down now though