Ultimate Dubs Sunday 13th March 2011 - Telford International Centre

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a good time as well! It was good to meet a few people' date=' and talk cars. I hope VeedubVR is ok i saw his car on the hard shoulder coming back, i would have stopped but only saw it at the last minute in the outside lane...

[/quote']

My mate in the mk5 was having coil pack problems. was only running on 2cyl on the way down but was determined to make it. but the car decided to cut out and not start on the way back so had to be recovered

I met a few people on satrday while cleaning and got talking tothe guys on the stand on the sunday. Was good to meet you all.

Now this isn't meant to offend anyone, but I went with some fellow veedubbers & have to say we were all a bit underwhelmed the show...got there around lunchtime & there seemed to be a lot more modified dubs in the surrounding car parks than there was in the Centre, and with some parts of the Exhibition Halls a bit sparse or empty why weren't there more cars on show ? Add to that the fact that there you could count on one hand the number of trade stands it was more than a bit disappointing.

Don't get me wrong there were some nice cars on display (G60's, Corrado's, Mk 3s', Caddy's etc) but towards the end it was all getting a bit samey...oh look, there's a 1.8T lump in that...next car...oh look there's a 1.8T lump in that as well...just glad we only drove 2 hours & didn't fly in from Europe!

Ah well, can't please everyone I guess.

I had a good time as well! It was good to meet a few people' date=' and talk cars. I hope VeedubVR is ok i saw his car on the hard shoulder coming back, i would have stopped but only saw it at the last minute in the outside lane...

[/quote']

My mate in the mk5 was having coil pack problems. was only running on 2cyl on the way down but was determined to make it. but the car decided to cut out and not start on the way back so had to be recovered

I saw this on the way down getting recovered!