My Black Vr6 3.2, Recaro CS, TT dash, Next stop VW Days :-)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So today I managed to get stuck in with fitting the rest of the interior, Front door cards all fitted with new door card clips, Next up was to remove the existing dashboard To make way for this,

As some members already are aware I had a very special interior lined up which I collected on Friday. I took the long drive up to Dunfermline to pick this cargo up which ended up in a 1200 mile round

Just to keep this alive, not many updates to speak of other than it's running superb, Attended ultimate dubs back in March and took the trip over to Dubshed in April, here's a few pics from the past

Posted Images

Your lower intakes look well cool' date=' if you dont mind me asking where did you get them from?

[/quote']

There Bonrath lower intakes mate, the drivers side holds a ducting pipe straight up to the filter now, homemade that is, There a good fit too :)

the drivers side holds a ducting pipe straight up to the filter now, homemade that is, There a good fit too :)

Hey i'm liking that idea might have to nick it lol :;)

Just a bit more cleaning today, still plenty more under the bonnet to do tho, fitted the engine cover back on after the final coat of lacquer, Managed to find some chrome strut top covers too (homemade alternative) lol, they fit quite well i think, still need a new expansion tank, brake fluid reservoir and would like to fit some sort of battery box as not too keen on the jacket :)

momoengine008.jpg

momoengine011.jpg

momoengine010.jpg

if you end up getting rid of the jacket mark any chance i can get first refusal on it? been trying to source one for far too long

thought about doing the VW badge on the rocker blue?

Hi mate' date='

yes no problem as soon as i find a suitable battery box i will drop you a text and its yours,

Was going to see how it grows on me first then maybe do the logo blue at a later date :)

[u']

Latest update

Well last night the car decided to blow a hole in a coolant pipe coming from the

back of the block to the heater matrix, coolant and steam everywhere :S

managed to order a replacement from the dealers today so will hopefully be back on

the road tomorrow when it arrives :)

loving your ca mate.. has given me a couple of ideas for mine.. nothing too copycat though. this maybe a stupid question but do VR's come with the arch bits as standard or is that the GTI kit

Cheers mate, I think its the early vr's that came with arch trims upto 94/95 or obd1 cars and later models without.

I may be wrong tho :)

Ok after my burst water pipe this arrived today so time to replace the faulty hose and flush the coolant system at the same time.

newhoseday010.jpg

Was quite easy to replace, Newly fitted hose pictured below.

newhoseday012.jpg

Also decided to remove the carpet from under the bonnet lol, Looks much better and cleaner in my opinion, Also tried cleaning up the expansion tank (well the misses did) hot water, salt water, dishwasher tablets lol, it came up a little cleaner.

newhoseday015.jpg

Then fitted my silvatec front indicator bulbs.

Before

momoengine012.jpg

After

newhoseday019.jpg

newhoseday018.jpg

:)

i tried that with my expansion tank as it was opaque' date=' even tried sharp sand and coca cola after dishwasher tablets, bleach and baking soda didnt shift it, still opaque haha

[/quote']

I know what u mean, it is a bit better but i will just invest in a new one i think :)

They are £7 it aint worth trying to clean it !!

i tried that with my expansion tank as it was opaque' date=' even tried sharp sand and coca cola after dishwasher tablets, bleach and baking soda didnt shift it, still opaque haha

[/quote']

I know what u mean, it is a bit better but i will just invest in a new one i think :)

They are £7 it aint worth trying to clean it !!

Dont suppose you have the part number do you from gsf? i have tried ecp but theres are £29.96.

Well had a great weekend up in Gloucestershire with the misses and martin and sal, (B)

Went on a very spirited drive around the forest of dean and surrounding areas which we experienced some amazing driving roads which really suited the vr, Thanks again to our Local tour guides and for the storage of the cage too lol,

Didn't manage to get any rolling shots just this one back at the petrol station (for the 2nd time that day lol) ;)

cage008.jpg

Then this morning it was time for a good clean (Again) and fit my rear cage, Which was a little interesting at times with lots of swearing, moving bars around adjusting them etc etc but finally got there in the end so whilst eating a well deserved bacon sarnie got the misses on the case to polish the cage up a little :)

cage014.jpg

cage016.jpg

cage013.jpg

cage015.jpg

cage018.jpg

do you know the width and ET of your wheels? im assuming they are 7.5J ET38? did you have to touch the arches to get no scrubbing' date=' i took mine that low and it hit a slight bit so i raised it up a tad

[/quote']

not sure on the et but they are 7.5 wide, i haven't touched the arches but looking at past receipts back in 2004 it has had some rear arch work undertaken of some sort,

don't get any scrubbing just a bit on full lock occasionally :)

Thanks for the comments guys,

Yes the plinth has generated alot of interest, i think they look much better and fit well too,

The bodywork is ok just a few bits i want sorting ready for the show season,

it does look quite similar if its the one in your sig? i love the bbs ch's i would like a set of those,

Have you any more pics of your old one scott?