My Black Vr6 3.2, Recaro CS, TT dash, Next stop VW Days :-)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So today I managed to get stuck in with fitting the rest of the interior, Front door cards all fitted with new door card clips, Next up was to remove the existing dashboard To make way for this,

As some members already are aware I had a very special interior lined up which I collected on Friday. I took the long drive up to Dunfermline to pick this cargo up which ended up in a 1200 mile round

Just to keep this alive, not many updates to speak of other than it's running superb, Attended ultimate dubs back in March and took the trip over to Dubshed in April, here's a few pics from the past

Posted Images

right, still got some brand new oem mudflaps for front and rears to fit but as im going lower im unsure now and think it may look a little odd as well as catching every where, got a few more updates too but will take some pics when i get some time away from work in the daylight. :)

Did the badgeless grill come with the free toes? Car looks really good and I like the headlights.

Ha ha it sure did i couldn't resist the free pair.. cheers i think they are still growing on me at the moment so i will see as i was also thinking of just going for originals with smoked inners

Well after coming across an s3 for sale this evening its played on me a little too much but for the minute i need to focus on the car i still have and continue to enjoy.

latest purchases consist of-

288mm discs, calipers, carriers.. Thanks to editionmatt

Ebc redstuff ceramic front pads and greenstuff rears.

New oe rear discs

Goodridge hoses

sharan stubby aerial now fitted

will post up some pics when i fit them :)

Good work Mark' date=' now clear your head of all things S3 and continue the good work lol, having seen theVRi canhonestly say you had a peach to start with and she appears to get sweeter every week mate..

[/quote']

Thanks for that, well you will be pleased to know i have cleared my head of that for now lol,

I will try keep up the good work altho it may have developed a problem tonight in the heavy rain and local floods;(

Very nice love the early edition one what did you use to plug the rear wiper ?? How low is it stance in good !!

Hey i just bought a pack of rubber gromets from my local halfords which came with 3 different sizes i think they were only £1.99 so my cheapest mod yet..lol,

unsure how low it is at the moment but doesnt catch with the 17's so will go lower this week..weather permitting :)

• 4 weeks later...

First of all Just a couple of pics that i found on my phone from

Dubs at the castle and Cornwall Jamboree. fun times :)

septphotos068.jpg

septphotos064.jpg

newsept031.jpg

newsept027.jpg

Latest update

My rear calipers had seen better days and decided not to work so picked up some replacements and gave them a coat of paint ready for fitting tommorow.

newsept008.jpg

Something else i have also wanted for a while.

A milltek de-cat pipe arrived the other day (early birthday present from the misses)

so hopefully will also have this fitted in the morning.

newsept013.jpg

and finally to start my collection of polished/chrome goodies over the winter a rear boot catch.

newsept011.jpg

:)

looking good mate i wanted to get that exhaust but didn t have the monies !! oh well anymore goodies you wanna do ??

cheers m8 :)

The exhaust sounds very well even more so with the milltek de-cat i fitted yesterday,

got a few more plans for it, got some new front and rear lights ready to fit and a few changes on the interior too,

Next on the cards is cams and neuspeed anti roll bars before the ring trip in easter,

Heres a quick pic of the car getting its mot, just needed a front nearside abs sensor after i got my replacement rear calipers fitted, so now has a fresh mot, not bad for a 18 year old car. struggled a little bit on the ramps in the garage, managed to get it on with what looked like some old railway sleepers ;)

car016.jpg

car014.jpg

So with the new mot decided to fit my new lights and give it a quick wash and polish.

car025.jpg

car022.jpg

car021.jpg

im unsure mate, the suspension was fitted when i purchased the car but when i have cleaned the dampers up its running some fk fronts and bilstein rears with lowered springs, im guessing 35-40mm.

...But also has some grayston spring assisters so when i take them out at the weekend it will sit a bit lower, i guess a previous owner fitted the springs and thought it sat too low :)