Work In Progress (will take a while!) 1997 Golf VR

Just joined up and thought I would start a build thread for my 1997 VR. I have had it just over two months, and have so far put 4000 mile on it!

DSCF2193.jpg

Pictures taken just after its first decent clean, polish and wax.

Its a nice spec with cloth recaro seat and digital climatronic, Needs a few bits that I have been buying slowly.

The wheels need refurbishing, I have bought new center caps already, but would refer to replace them with anything bigger at the moment. Keeping options open, I like the JDM style wheels, but then also Merc and BMW ones so who knows what will go on!

I have taken the badges off, but have kept them incase I change my mind. I have fitted mk4 style lights as I got them cheap and one of my originals didn't work on main beam. But will get a replacement Hella lamp. Also thinking of Morettes if I can find a pair

Since the pics I have put amber front indicators on, but I really cant decide what the best look is for this colour car.

Oh yeah and mud flaps are staying on over winter!

• 2 months later...

Just a quick picture less update!

I didnt like it with the amber indicators, so they were only on for a week! Have a few bits I want to fit over the weekend,

I have a set or rear door handles to fit, a black grill badge, chrome interior handles, and a lupo gear knob. Just need to drill out the inside as it sits far too high. Aero wiper blades also fitted.

I was going to get a new headunit at Christmas but ended up buying a set of Audi TT comps in need of a refurb, so been doing that since the start of the year. Still a long way to go though.

Finally fitted my Induction kit, and love the noise!! Early deep front splitter is on now too. Will try to get some pics up of progress over the weekend.

I have put 8000 miles on it so far, and love it, upto 77k now! No real problems, have hat to have an off side tie rod and track rod end, and replace the front tyres

Possibly have a debadged grill on the way too, and a Momo Race wheel, and mk4 style side repeaters. Oh yeah and a highline handbrake surround.

Oh yeah and found the paint code, its LC3L Hot Chilli Red

• 2 months later...

Well its taken a long time to get anything done, and this is a very minor one.

Mudflaps off

Played out TT comps on! £25 refurb in the garage, they were heavily corroded!

mk3toedit.jpg

Lupo gear knob finally on! 320mm Momo Jet to go on when I get a boss. Early splitter on. Black grill badge, might go and put the orange turns back on soon. I do have a bumper to start to smoothing process on soon.

I know it really needs to be lower, but unless I go air, I cant. 25 speedbumps to get to my house, and working on building sites.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, just thought I would put the last pics up now that its sold subject to collection.

Fully polished with Autoglym and another coat of collinite 476 wax on last night before todays viewing.

Should be going to someone who wont be putting 400 miles a week on it either!

DSCF2388.jpg

DSCF2387.jpg

DSCF2386.jpg

DSCF2385.jpg

DSCF2374.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

Wow she looks mint. Shame you have to shift her, but that sort of mileage on such a low mileage car is a shame. I've put 10k on mine in a year and im just short of 80k now :(

Whats the service history like? How much are you asking for it?

I'm jelaous of the seats, but have climatronic which is awesome :)

Didn't really have to sell at all to be honest, just felt bad putting big miles on

It went last thursday in the end I know have a Lexus IS200 which cost less than I sold the golf for!

Went for close to the asking price.