My Recaro saga is nearly over!

Just bought these babies

recaro.jpg

Gave myself the day off today as had a few things to do and went over to MJ interiors in Bradford. He has done some mint motors and seems bloody good. I need some Recaro sub frames for these seats and MJ has quoted me 200 notes for some!

I will have to get some off him if it comes to it but if someone just happens to know of any floating around i've got cash waiting.

Also to get my rears re-covered (including headrests) to match 4-500 spondoolics!!

Can't quite afford that yet but a few more hours infront of the Mac then I should be able to afford it!

Drroooooooooooooolllllllllll 8)

Look lovely mate - i bet they are blody uncomfortable and give you a bad back though...

Tell you what ill take em off your hands for £50 - you know im doing you a favour in the long run - thats what friends are for ;)

Dont mention it - no really i dont mind :P

Pete.

[ Edited Mon Nov 22 2004, 09:29PM ]

Oh go on then - the pussy comes free! :P

Do you reckon I could sell my current front seats at all, or are they worth nothing?

They are mint, only done 57k.

Be nice to get some of the money back. My bank balance is in great pain at the moment!

I am selling a spanking new in the box Sony Ericsson K700i and G4 Powermac with 15inch Apple TFT monitor as well. Thats how much I need to get the cash back!

Anyone interested?

Mark, the mod scene is mad. Its just bloody endless isn't it?

Really though, how much do you reckon you can spend on a bloody VR before it becomes pointless?

I spent silly money on a RST and never got it back. I suppose modding our cars just makes it more attractive for a purchaser. (as long as its not the shat power route!) ;)

I'm a bit concerned its just gonna be too much black leather in a black car. Perhaps I'll spray them blue! :P

When I was at MJ interiors he showed me the beautiful re-trims he'd done. I cant understand some people, this one guy had his red VR completely re-trimmed in red leather. It looked lovely but he kept the standard seats in the front. Why spend a grand on a re-trim and not get some shabby Recaros for the front and get them trimmed?

I can't wait to get mine in, i'm like a little kid at the moment !amazed

They are gorgeous!!!

To be honest any money spent on modifying a car is pointless, but we all just HAVE to do it ;)

Only thing i've learnt is to keep as much of the standard stuff as possible, so when you sell the car - return it to as near standard as possible and sell all the bits separately, it's the only way of getting any of the money back really as people pay as much for Standard cars as they do modded ones at this end of the market :(

Evo's etc are a bit different as people know how much the mods cost and buy them to modify etc.

Do you reckon I could sell my current front seats at all' date=' or are they worth nothing?

They are mint, only done 57k.

Be nice to get some of the money back. [/quote']

ebay ;) though front seats on there own don't go for much money usually, unless its a late type fabrc and then i saw a pair go for £50.

I'm just waiting for my subframes from MJ interiors now. I don't let the cat climb all over them at all, he just jumped up when I took the picture!

The seats cost me £400 from a guy off ebay, hed paid a massive figure for them a month or so ago brand new but couldn't really afford them. So I snapped them up for cash! I had to drive to Milton Keynes to collect them.

Its mad, I'm keeping the seats in the hallway untill I fit them, when I get home, the hall stinks of leather. Its lovely!!

if it comes to it but if someone just happens to know of any floating around i've got cash waiting.

Lovely!! The only place i ever see recaro subframes is german e-bay, that could be worth a try to save a few bob but they will probably take a couple of weeks to come over.