VR6OC does Inters 09 in style (very pic heavy !! )

Well what a show weekend this was :) I met up with Nige, Nat and Tony and (slightly later ;) ) Roger at the top of the M11 to convoy along to Inters - had spent the day before cleaning the car to the best of my limited ability but a traffic jam on the M11 meant we had to take a Nige special shortcup which meant that plus the rain put pay to all my previous hard work !!! :( Nat had a few probs with her bra but some adjustment from Tony soon sorted it out ;) ;)

anyway we then met up with Chris and Craig at the truckstop about an hour late picked them up and carried on to Inters - arriving we went straight into the campsite and proceeded to unpack about 4 tonnes of gear from Nige and Tony's cars setting up what was without question the best camping area there :)

DSC_2528.jpg

DSC_2574.jpg

Then AJ turned up is his lovely red MK2 and was introduced to the madness !! Soon afterwards Ollie and Brandon arrived closely followed by Jake and Charlie. After everyone had gawped at Jake's awesome car,

DSC_2262.jpg

Tony and he set to work fixing a problem with one of the hoses. Then we settled in for the evenings entertainment - plenty of drinking, barbeque food and general malarky was had by all !!

The next morning everyone was up nice and early !! and the job of cleaning cars began - yes Martin and Gavin I did clean my own car ;) we then set about making some tea and Tony sorted us out some bacon sandwiches, before taking a call from Jim who had made it all the way to the gate before blowing a hose as well !! so he went off to fix his second car of the weekend and we carried on with the cleaning. Scott tuned up in the third mk2 of the weekend -then a mended Jim tuned up with Tony and we took all the cars to the stand and what an impressive site they were :)

DSC_2285.jpg

DSC_2290.jpg

Jake had been running up the strip all morning and once Jim arrived he stayed on the stand for about 5 mins before joining him :)

DSC_2301.jpg

the afternoon was spent watching Jake and Jim tear up the strip embarassing all sorts of things in the process

DSC_2312.jpg

DSC_2335.jpg

and looking at some lovely cars as well as Tony sorting out another car and fitting Ollie's new cams in record breaking time.

DSC_2367.jpg

We also met up with Anna who left the fourth and (not biased much ;) ) loveliest mk2 in the show and shine - how it didn't win a prize I will never know :-|

DSC_2339.jpg

Late afternoon Jim set off to Colchester only to miss out an hour later on being awarded the prize for the fastest MK3 - we tried to persuade Tony to pretend he was Jim and collect it but it was a bit too late !! then everyone was gagging for another beer so we moved all the cars back to the site and dived into the coolboxes for some refreshment. That was the beginning of the end - can't really remember everything due to having consummed one or two beers myself but a quick run down would be -

drink, barbeque,

DSC_2595.jpg

drink, drink, Tony revving the diesel, drink, drink, Craig arrives back, innuendo, drink, innuendo, everyone standing on the diesel,

DSC_2611.jpg

DSC_2618.jpg

drink, Tony flashing the light eveywhere, innuendo, drink, a man showing Nat and Anna his dildo, a very drunk Tony trying to convince a very drunk girl his diesel was the fastest mk3 there and he was Jim, Charlie being asked if he could swim by the same girl !!, an idiot trying to rev his car to destruction, drink, drink, innuendo,

DSC_2627.jpg

Jake suggesting a VR6 sound off ( very very impressive :) :) ) drink, fire lighting fluid japes, drink, innuendo, Craig farting etc etc !!

The next morning everyone woke up slightly the worse for wear and Craig and Chris had to leave early and what a shame as they missed out on the finest display of bacon cooking by Brandon I have ever seen - just dont ask him to cook sausages as he doesnt do sausages !! After that it was back to the cleaning - led by me !!! and taking the cars back to the stand - when we got there we discovered several cars already on there so added ours to an already very impressive display. Meanwhile Jake with assistance from Tony and Charlie had been stripping out all the extra weight from his car in order to dip under the magic 13 sec barrier - again the afternoon was spend watching Jake get faster and faster and looking over some lovely cars. Later on in the afternoon Jake treated most of us to the most exciting 13 seconds of our lives :) :) and finally after several attempts he did it and managed to break the 13 sec barrier beating a xbow several times in the process :) :)

Around 5 ish we had packed an amazing amount of gear back into Nige and Tony's cars, cleared up the campsite and were ready to leave :) the end of another fantastic weekend away with the VR6OC - great to see some new faces on the campsite Scoot and AJ :) aas well as the old faithfulls and a rare appearance ( hopefully more to come) from Jake and Charlie :)

Thanks to all for a fantastic weekend and I can't wait for the next one :) :)

I will put a link up to all my pics later on for you peeps :) :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be Jim.

That's Jake....I'm really sorry about the camera panning speed.

That's Jake again...this time, I missed the start, but got you in your stride...sorry.

Picture005-1.jpg

There I saw a man with a giant monocle....very disturbing...lol :P

ha ha cheers for the pic Chris !!! will bung the rest of mine up asap was loads and loads and also a completley awesome video from the run I had with Jake :)

Your welcome matey lol.

I figured there wouldn't be any of you as you took them all. I rekon you did catch the sun on saturday and partially cooked your face with all the superb BBQing you did mate.