Who get the best MPG?

Around London I get anywhere between 18-24 mpg depending on traffic. On the motorway I get about 30mpg average. Best I have had was 37MPG from Portsmouth to London on the A3 but I was really trying to get max MPG so was doing about 60MPH most of the way home & had to restrain myself from chasing after the 4motions, Type R's etc that were zooming past me!

Around London I get anywhere between 18-24 mpg depending on traffic. On the motorway I get about 30mpg average. Best I have had was 37MPG from Portsmouth to London on the A3 but I was really trying to get max MPG so was doing about 60MPH most of the way home & had to restrain myself from chasing after the 4motions' date=' Type R's etc that were zooming past me!

[/quote']

Ah fuck economy....get chasing them cars

Around London I get anywhere between 18-24 mpg depending on traffic. On the motorway I get about 30mpg average. Best I have had was 37MPG from Portsmouth to London on the A3 but I was really trying to get max MPG so was doing about 60MPH most of the way home & had to restrain myself from chasing after the 4motions' date=' Type R's etc that were zooming past me!

[/quote']

Ah fuck economy....get chasing them cars

I usually do chase & destroy them - but was proud of the discipline I showed on this journey. Got it out of my system now so will be back to my bad old ways on my next trip down the A3!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

At the end of the day guys and girls of the vr6.oc however much satisfaction you get from eeking out extra mpg and get a sense of achievement getting an extra few, look at the effort put in to get it,...yet the smiles and excitement you get by giving it some welly is effortless in a vr6. Do we drive VR's to watch the mpg or to watch unsuspecting people unaware of what one is dissappear into little dots in your mirror as you smile and get that warm feeling inside.

...if your answer is mpg(im very suprised.lol) there is always the 1.4 option with a loud exhaust to make it sound fast.lol

Truth be told, we would all love fuel under a £1 which is where it shold be,...we could all use super unleaded and get more...then mpg is less of an issue.

If mpg is an issue cos money is tight, make cut backs in other areas of our lives but not your vr6....you,me,we all know she's worth it!!!!! lol :)

enjoy your vr in the sun!!