Who get the best MPG?

I am quite interested in this because I have been told 2 different things by 2 not so close mates of mine who claim to have owned vr6's just looking for a bit of clarity on the matter.

Oh one last thing I'm lazy and can't be botherd to work this out but what is the most amount of miles have any of you got out of a full tank?

I get about 260 miles to a tank, but have had it up to 280 once. I get average 25/26 mpg on a tank as i clear my trip computer every time i fill up.

And on a motorway run i get about 29/30mpg and around town i get 22/24mpg.

I drive pretty steady most of the time aswell (apart from the odd little blast here and there) and change before 3k revs to keep the mpg down, also fyi mine is standard apart from bmc panel filter....

I get about 260 miles to a tank' date=' but have had it up to 280 once. I get average 25/26 mpg on a tank as i clear my trip computer every time i fill up.

And on a motorway run i get about 29/30mpg and around town i get 22/24mpg.

I drive pretty steady most of the time aswell (apart from the odd little blast here and there) and change before 3k revs to keep the mpg down, also fyi mine is standard apart from bmc panel filter....

[/quote']I cant belive this from my 1.8 cl I only get 260 miles out of a full tank I must really push it hard to have fun. Even more reason for getting a VR6! do you all put super unleaded in?

Yeah, its cuz the vr engine doesnt have to work so hard to get up to speed... so unless u have a heavy right foot it wont be too much different, if you have a propa blast though it does drop down to about 14mpg!! lol

And na, i just use normal unleaded. Petrol prices are killing me as it is so i cant afford to get the good stuff.

Well I dont drive any different day to day Nat...so not changed a thing' date=' different tho when i boot it ;)

[/quote']

Thats a result then! I am seriously considering goin the supercharged or turbo route one day.... best start saving my pennies!! :) :) :)

46 mpg over 50 miles is my record with the charger on

tell the truth' date=' how far did you push it first?

[/quote'] Must have been idling all the way! :)

no point tellin porkys its genuine i stuck to a set throttle position using the boost gauge as a coarse instrument speed increased downhill and decreased uphill on the level it sat at suprise suprise 60 mph