VR6 Mileage.......How many has yours?

Hi all!!! i own a 1997 R reg golf vr6.

Just wonderig how many miles a vr6 six will go on its original engine?

only i got mine from my next door neighboor who has had it from new, making me the 2nd owner! they used it for towing therir caravan!!! but the point is it was seviced ever six months!! hence 210,000 turned today!

so,

how old yours?

how many miles?

Lets see who has the most!

or the least!!!

as of this morning mine has 99,951 on the clock... its a 1997 highline

is it wrong that i don't want it to click over to the 100,000

It wasn't a VR but my old 89 Cabio golf had just over 274,000 when i sold it

a vr aint properly run in till its broken the 100k, thats when the engine is all nice and loose and it rev's a little bit more freely. so long as you keep ontop of servicing, the engine will long outlast the shell, i only changed mine coz i was told the chain guides had gone. turned out the monkey could hear my belt tensioner squeeling and as i knew no better let the job go ahead, turns out the guy i sold it to to rebuild didnt bother and said it was the easiest revving vr lump he'd ever come across and in perfect nick. oh well we live and learn

i was speaking to JP RWD19T on edition38 aparently they suffer from warped heads from the heat and it causes premature bore wear of the first 3 cylinders i have now looked at 3 engines mine with 80k one with 120k and another with 100k all ahd piston slack and had been serviced regulary (cant spell) thats also why you have to have the head skimmed when you do head gasket