VR6OC national meet 31st July - 2nd August 2009 :) :)

yeh the scottish lads were a wicked lagh like u say they were as pissed off as the rest of us. Think 2 of them ran over at 3am to tell em to keep it down to just hav abuse hurled at them for wearing a celtic top. but all in all excelent weekend and will deffo b there next year

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah cant wait for next year either .... get our own field be good if not try the uk mk4`s again ???

the polo lot dont seam to have any orgnasation on that site ..... but hay oh thats wot u get for havin a club with an average age or 18 lol

had a brilliant weekend :-) topped off with some amazing trophies handcrafted by Ben :-) well chuffed

great to see everyone again was sucha a laugh and good to meet some new lovely people

thanks so much to Chris for the wonderful food and all his hard work what a star!

shame about the pooolos but what do you expect from a load of teens with a vehicle inferiority complex :-)

will get my pics up 2moro after major resize exercise ... yawn... :-)

got guts taunting the 2 biggest lads from our club. Still' date=' nevermind.

[/quote']

When did they taunt Brandon and i??

They didn't want to spend ages watching exagerated slow flexes and you were busy lol, so they went for Big Daddy and Ben lol. 8o| 8o|

i think maybe we should book Puddleduck all for ourselves and all chip in to pay for the extra £100 for the field.

Nice one Chris food was spot on

Chears Ben for the Organisation

Nige for the Camping necessaties (Projector Fridge etc etc)

Jim for the GIGGLES video (classic)

And Everybody else for humour and making it a smashing weekend

Especially POLO CLUB for giving us a good few reasons to take the piss i guess next year they will be lower Lol

Well this was by far and away the best one so far. 12 cars turned up on the friday if I remember correctly.

Gotta say Chris did pull out all the stops again with the food, we are a spoiled lot really.

The gaybos were fantastic even in the down poor on Saturday.

Maybe we should have it in Stoke on Trent for Brandon one year!!!!!!

LOL

Always good to catch up with everyone as usual and the usual tomfoolery was had and the obligatary slagging of everything non VR6....again.

Will be bigger and better next year no doubt....and hopefully Mike VR will turn up for a change and maybe just maybe our leader will make an appearance eh Pete ;)

Its always a pleasure meeting the new people to the forum at these things as it puts a face to the name.

RCF being the main one for me.....3yrs on the forum and never knowing what he looked like!!!!!!

Roll on next year people.

Dont know what else to say really as everyone knows I love meeting up with them....some more than others eh Big Gay Bear!!!!!!

guys posted this to a club polo admin, its my take and i feel a fair one that represents most. its my final word on it.

hi, thought id take a moment to drop you a email.

im a mod/admin over on the vr6oc. id like to quash a few of the questions being asked on the thread thats now closed / make some observations.

in no particular order.

in general the weekend was brilliant. however as usual a few spoil it for the many, and tarnish a club reputation.

im myself, if i go to a weekend event , like to take my family, however on this occasion im glad i didnt, i was camped opposite the chavs ( as they have been described ) with the red polo vr6 and the astra.. in my opinon they want perm banning from your events.. bunch of twats that didnt do club polo any favours.

they also got caught red handed with items from our gazebo's that went over saturday night .

people that steal from other like minded enthusiasts have no place in shows. even if in their eyes its funny.

i did see a small chap run across the field after a mini and polo ( i think ) tried to do some lighthouse's . im sorry that he had to do that , as i know you guys as admins were there to enjoy yourselves, as we were. but also thanks for doing that as it showed that someone did care. as we all know that billing would not have tolerated that.

quite a few of our members were subjected to abuse on saturday night whilst walking to anf from the toilets, i didnt witness this firsthand, but most of the comments were , fcuk off and get your own field.

well as has already been said, billing failed at that, they asked us to share the field and gave us no choice, we still paid, and didnt think it would be a problem, we were meant to be sited next to the mk4/5 group, but billing seem to have got the months wrong ???

there was a 200sx purple/mulberry with gold keskin wheels doing donuts sunday afternoon around 2pm.. nothing to do with us.

we hope our part of the field was left in as good a condition as possible, we bagged everthing, and bar a few bits it went in the bin , and full bags were piled next to it once it was full. if this has caused you guys problems , we apologise for this.

it seems at least one member has the correct idea and has apologised for waking everyone up at 0730 sunday.. say thankyou to him for that.. its hard to be a man and admit you were wrong.

im happy to chat to anyone that wants to have a adult conversation, im also happy for you to post this if you feel its appropiate.

lastly

as a club , i think its great to share a field with other like minded individuals, as it gives us all a chance to take a look at what others have done . its part of a show, weather a weekend one or a 1 day event. however what i think some people failed to realize, is that its NOT ed38 or ultimate street car.. and as such events like billing / stanford hall etc are more about a relaxing weekend away. maybe those looking for the rave tents should be made aware of this for next year.

if your at another event where we are both in attendance please pop over and say hello

jim

cheers mr monk.. car should be ok, got gearbox and clutch , just gotta fit it and hope..

i know that the pm wont relfect everyones views, but having to clubs 'rage' wont do either any good. and judging from the comments on their site, they are all in agreement on who it was..

as a plus the guy in the polo van has said SORRY.. so hats of to him , at least he was man enough to apologise. :)

cheers mr monk.. car should be ok' date=' got gearbox and clutch , just gotta fit it and hope..

i know that the pm wont relfect everyones views, but having to clubs 'rage' wont do either any good. and judging from the comments on their site, they are all in agreement on who it was..

as a plus the guy in the polo van has said SORRY.. so hats of to him , at least he was man enough to apologise. :)

[/quote']

Karting king eh? lol.

The PM was pretty much how I felt anyway. I slept like a baby through that 7:30 wake up call, so I was okay. It was just the prats opposite us, though as you say, they have been pointed out by their club anyway.

Good stuff with the car. On a positive note, Sarah and I have agreed to keep the VR6 and let me sort the problems out as it's more cost effective than buying an R32. Just going to get a cheap run about for when the baby arrives and use the VR6 for weekends and shows.

I forgot to add thanks to the Gaybo guys for their rain shields, Nigel for his supply of pretty much everything there and anna for the pig and chris for his knives :D

Also a big thanks to Brandon for making me laugh everyday,

Craggsy for being captain obvious lol....needs water "well fill it".

And the rest of you for being amazing company. ;)

Spot on with your comments to Club Polo there Jim. At the end of the day, if we all start ranting and raving then that aint gonna do our reputation any good. We should just rise above it, as they say. I had a couple of chats and "hello's" with some of the Polo members and thought they were very friendly. Just goes to show how it only takes one or two to tarnish the reputation of a group.

Cant believe the mulberry/London lot turned up as we were leaving

They were more interested in their own cars!!!

Vr-ichard was asked to move his silver one out the camera view for the foto's!!!!!

I stopped and chatted for a while' date=' nwdubs=not my scene!!

[/quote']

No one asked Ritchie to move anywere... Dunno were you got that idea from dude!