very very little if anything. in fact, having an 'open' cone filter may well loose a few bhp cause it'll drag in hot air form the engine bay (and vr6's get very hot).

at that mileage i'd wanna check the timing chain runners aren't comning apart (presuming it hasn't been done already)

The stock exhaust on a VR6 is unrestrictive right up to 250BHP, so performance exhausts don't increase power by much (1-2BHP at most) on a standard or mildly-tuned car.

The only cone filters that yield decent gains on the VR6 are the ones with a heat shield & cold air feed, like the PiperX Viper or BMC CDA.

The stock exhaust on a VR6 is unrestrictive right up to 250BHP' date='

quote']this was posted on my thread ? i would have thought most stock exhaust to be fairly restrictive, even tho they might not add much performance surely a performance exhaust will add something ? (i could be wrong tho :P )>>>>>>

When talking to Nik Saran, he said that the VR6 exhaust is unbelievably restricting, so less is more! However, you will lose torque with having a straight through one box system

The stock exhaust on a VR6 is unrestrictive right up to 250BHP' date=' so performance exhausts don't increase power by much (1-2BHP at most) on a standard or mildly-tuned car.

The only cone filters that yield decent gains on the VR6 are the ones with a heat shield & cold air feed, like the PiperX Viper or BMC CDA.[/quote']

Did you forget the ramair???

I found the ramair fine out on the open road when you're getting loads of air to it, I changed jobs and started sitting in traffic a lot and the car just wasn't happy, melted two idle valve sound deadners which caused all manner of running problems (until I removed them ;-) ) its a viscous circle too, hot air in the inlet makes the car run hotter, hotter under bonnet temperature, even hotter intake air.... Not sure the VR is the best car for an unshielded cone tbh.

RR days don't always tell you how the car will be on the road either, people quite often run on the rollers with bonnet open and a gert big fan in front of the car, not really representative or normal running conditions. A cone filter will always do very well when there's enough cool air about