VR6OC National Meet 1-3 Aug 2008

Are there any BBQ arrangements?

I'm hoping to fit my small(ish) fold up one. Blondie never seems to travel without her portable gas one. Martin's car is allowed to transport dusty greasy bbqs so no doubt he'll have one and not to forget cabrioman who is very happy with his calypso inspired diy masterpiece so will be showing it off again. Either borrow a barbie and cook it yourself or try to strike it lucky like craggsy.

there's an asda, or summit, in the retail park at the next / previous junction of the 45

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rite for the 6ers im meetin on the a43 mite not make it in time as have clutch problems and need to try and get dome parts tomo morin ..... but ill be there either in the 6er or the other one so neva fear i will be there i need to relax a bit ....

Are there any BBQ arrangements?

I'm hoping to fit my small(ish) fold up one. Blondie never seems to travel without her portable gas one. Martin's car is allowed to transport dusty greasy bbqs so no doubt he'll have one and not to forget cabrioman who is very happy with his calypso inspired diy masterpiece so will be showing it off again. Either borrow a barbie and cook it yourself or try to strike it lucky like craggsy.

there's an asda' date=' or summit, in the retail park at the next / previous junction of the 45

[/quote']

I'll be struggling for space in the vr for a BBQ; some important passengers, Mr Jim Beam and Comrade Smirnoff, beer, red bull and coke. Hope I can strike a deal (hint, hint!!) with someone to use theirs (B)

Sorry guys but i'm gonna have to pull out of this last minute. My puppy is a bit sick and wouldn't be fair on him to have him in the car for such a long journey. Really gutted i'm missing this as i had it in the (imaginary) diary from ages ago :( Sods law this is the first time the dog his been ill!

Have a great weekend anyway and i look forward to hearing about all the drunken stupidity!

Safe journey everyone.

-Steve

Thanks to everyone who came along and made this a great weekend, was nice to catch up with all the old faces and meet lots of new people too. Thank you to all you guys who helped to put up/down the gazeebo sorry I lost my plan from last year ;-) but you'll have more practice at ED38 in a few wks so it'll soon be 2nd nature!!!

Cheers Nigel for making such an effort to bring everything along again, your car gives Mary Poppins carpet bag a run for it's money lol

Weather wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, nice to see VR6 owners are not put off by a bit of rain and make a nice full stand for the weekend unlike those Mk4 owners (who'd have one of those anyway especially a diseasel one) lol I should of helped bump up their numbers sat really.

Got some great photo's will try to pop some up,

Hope you all got home safely, looking forward to doing it all again next year ;-)

Holly has been fast asleep since we walked through the door, she had a whale of a time, hope that Jas is not pining for her the dirty old dog lol

thanks to eveyone who gave me a hand with her, hope she didn't annoy anyone too much appologies if she did :-)

I wwould also like to say a big thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend we have had such a laugh, nice to see all the old and all the new. It was a great turn out bigger than last year so next year will be even better. Also thanks for all who voted for my car :$ I was well suprised but well chuffed :)

i will post my pics up very soon in the photo section

Hi guys n girls, just got in and unpacked! What a fantastic weekend. As Donna mentioned the weather came good eventually but even the rain didnt dampen anyones spirits!

As already mentioned, it was nice to see old and new faces and nice to catch up with everyone. Also thanks for making my b*tch.... er i mean Brandon, feel welcome, he had an absolute whale of a time (3hrs30mins of excitement allllllll the way home...bless him!)

Looking forward to E38 so much more now!

Cheers to all those who organised it and Nige for providing the entertainment yet again.

Top weekend, well worth the journey and as Gav said, even managed to beat last year, roll on E38!

great weekend! 10/10! looking forward to a proper nites kip tonite hehehe . a big thanks to everyone lots of effort put in and a great atmosphere :) , great to see you all again and meet new faces ! cyas all next weekend! beers all round!

Superb weekend , thanks to all concerned. will have to take Brandon under my wing to teach him the finer art of polishing lol. glad he enjoyed it.. good to see so many old and new faces. see some of you at Tatton and hopfully the rest at E38 Thanks for a great weekend to all..

Was a great weekend and perhaps the first outing for my VR this year :-(

Hopefully it will not be the last !

Weather held of nicely for the most part and only seemed to rain when we were asleep with the exception of friday night when it was a bit damp for an hour or so. . .

As has been said really, thanks to all those who helped to put this together and make it work, it's only the second time we a=have done this and it appeared to be bigger and better than ever this year !

Next year will hopefully continue this trend ;-)

Roll on E38. . . . .

Mark.

It was good to se evry1 on sat, and a shame i couldnt have been there on the Sunday :( Theres always next year, and hopefully the children will be comin along so no excuses for me!

I dont think i have ever seen so many 'rare' mulberrys in 1 sitting, kinda missin' mine now .. :(

Still the new toy should be ready for e38 so i guess Sparks we'll be talkin shop!