vr6 turbo - strong gearbox

your claiming it won`t handle 650bhp how do you know ?? not asking wot you have read or seen, have you tested it ? maybe the turbo he has is right for the car and box , maybe your gt30r is to harsh for your gearbox, my t70 is i found that out also my gt35r , but things have to be pushed, otherwise you`ll never find its limit, its all down to luck and wot you want and how its setup, maybe he`s got it right and you`ve got it wrong or vice versa, no need either of you to be like this, i know wot he has, if he don`t wanna tell up to him i`m saying nothing but bickering about most power is nothing, torque causes the problems for gearboxes

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why is this thread so bitchy?

my god iv just read 6 pages of bitching!

your claiming it won`t handle 650bhp how do you know ?? not asking wot you have read or seen' date=' have you tested it ? maybe the turbo he has is right for the car and box , maybe your gt30r is to harsh for your gearbox, my t70 is i found that out also my gt35r , but things have to be pushed, otherwise you`ll never find its limit, its all down to luck and wot you want and how its setup, maybe he`s got it right and you`ve got it wrong or vice versa, no need either of you to be like this, i know wot he has, if he don`t wanna tell up to him i`m saying nothing but bickering about most power is nothing, torque causes the problems for gearboxes

[/quote']

Yes exactly torque ! at 650bhp it must be at least 500ftlb into a gear box that can break on standard power !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

your claiming it won`t handle 650bhp how do you know ?? not asking wot you have read or seen' date=' have you tested it ? maybe the turbo he has is right for the car and box , maybe your gt30r is to harsh for your gearbox, my t70 is i found that out also my gt35r , but things have to be pushed, otherwise you`ll never find its limit, its all down to luck and wot you want and how its setup, maybe he`s got it right and you`ve got it wrong or vice versa, no need either of you to be like this, i know wot he has, if he don`t wanna tell up to him i`m saying nothing but bickering about most power is nothing, torque causes the problems for gearboxes

[/quote']

Yes exactly torque ! at 650bhp it must be at least 500ftlb into a gear box that can break on standard power !

i have 2 friends who have been battling each other for years one has an r32 skyline the other an r33 skyline, they have both built the things themselves and power figures are 988bhp/885lb torque, and 1107bhp/902lb torque respectively. neither of them have spent any more than £500 on their gearboxes, and both have lasted at these figures for nearly a year since they were proven. not saying that every gearbox is the same and will break at a set fugire here, but im sure that 1k bhp and 900lb torque would kill almost any box in theory, but hmmm. no neither of them have even needed a change of box oil.

so leave the guy alone. hes claimed his figures and you bit. i guess you have a problem with someone who makes a quicker car than you and doesnt go waving his printouts around. maybe the guy built the car for himself and doesnt want to discuss his spec with you. i think the main key here is to get yourselves to usc at santa pod and well all take a few runs down the strip and see who wins. at the end of the day, power is nothing when your a sh1t driver lol.

oh, and i made 405bhp and 425lb torque just to rub it in to all you lowly creatures. ha ha!

I can vouch for markievr 4wd monster as ive been in it a couple of times in his home town on roads he knows, i.e...flat out! Im aiming for that kind of power with my vrt. Engine spec: 2.8 block with 83mm wiseco pistons, reworked head to turbo spec courtesy of Jp on Ed38, lightened and balanced bottom end with putar conrods, metal head gasket, stage 2 non sprung racing clutch, 02a gearbox rebuilt from scratch with peloquin diff and shot peened and strengthened gears, tec 3 stand alone management oh and a Garrett GT35R turbo!

• 2 months later...

SQS used 5 hours from getting my "stock" 02A, to rebuild it with their race kit and a Peloquin LSD. From I shippet the stock 02A from Oslo, to I got it back to Oslo it took 11 days.

Gearbox is running VERY smooth, and Ive been beating it since march 2008.

BEFORE SHIPPING:

VWMinVR6Turbobilder.jpg

AFTER I GOT IT BACK:

VWMinVR6sqs002.jpg

Got Email from SQS,that they where working on my 02A:

vwminVR6SQS1.jpg

VWMinVR6SQS2.jpg

VWminVR6SQSpeolquin.jpg

And 225 Pounds worth off special gearoil:

VWOmegaolje.jpg

So, this is gonna be my setup I hope for a long time.

• 1 year later...

i bought 407`s vrt last year. i broke that box in weeks,put another standard one in and got another month til 3rd went again, then bought sparks box (see post in this thread) that he rebuilt,with treated internals and a new peloquin and it has lasted well,even with my lead foot :) and 23 psi whooshing through a .63 housed gt3076r. 440bhp and it still works fine,

My friend worked in a big gearbox place in warington "BLACK DIAMOND" for years just fixing vw boxes he told me the only thing that will break is third gear

hahahahahahahaha i wouldnt trust anyone or anything from here :-*

My friend worked in a big gearbox place in warington "BLACK DIAMOND" for years just fixing vw boxes he told me the only thing that will break is third gear

hahahahahahahaha i wouldnt trust anyone or anything from here :-*

I stripped 4th gear twice, and 5th gear once. Fitted an 02m now, see how long that lasts