vr6 turbo - strong gearbox

has anyone on here done a turbo conversion? how long will a standard gearbox last on around 300 bhp? if i wanted a really strong box has anyone got any recommendations? i understand a strong box will cost alot of cash i was thinking along the lines of a rebuild with uprated bearings and a quaife diff of some sort duno if that will be enough though?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why is this thread so bitchy?

my god iv just read 6 pages of bitching!

thats not bad! i went thru 5 gearboxes in a year in my rs turbo' date=' dont really want all that hassle again!!

may have found a cheap alternative to quaife?

http://www.bahnbrenner.com/vw_audi/Limited_Slip_Differential/Peloquin_Limited_Slip_Differential___02A.html

[/quote']

thats the same diff mate just dont forget to fit bolts instead of pins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

look in golf + august mk2 650bhp animal the full spec is in there

And what if i aint got august golf+ ?

You cant drive it very hard i stripped third gear in less than 2k and third gear is meant to be the only part of an 02a gearbox that will break !

My friend worked in a big gearbox place in warington "BLACK DIAMOND" for years just fixing vw boxes he told me the only thing that will break is third gear and how wright he was !

look in golf + august mk2 650bhp animal the full spec is in there

And what if i aint got august golf+ ?

You cant drive it very hard i stripped third gear in less than 2k and third gear is meant to be the only part of an 02a gearbox that will break !

My friend worked in a big gearbox place in warington "BLACK DIAMOND" for years just fixing vw boxes he told me the only thing that will break is third gear and how wright he was !

3rd is`nt the only gear that would break in 02a box and how do you know if he doesn`t drive it very hard ,? as said in another thread its how the torque is delivered, the power means nothing, if the gearbox has a short sharp input of torque in certain gears at high revs itrs going to break, as seen in that other 500+bhp thread , the car was in 4th at the time until it came on boost,

markiev6`s car does get driven probably harder than most, thats y he built it plus its 4wd which help to spread the load rather than letting the front wheel spin, which don`t help the fwd gearboxes

well not going in to full spec but its got 02c vr6 syncro box with peliquin front diff je low comp pistons putar rods haldex rear diff eip stage 2 race clutch custom pipework + 150 shot of nos i only built it to drive it hard its not an every day car as pops said when ever this motor hits the tarmac it gets thrashed !!!! thats wot i built it for

well not going in to full spec but its got 02c vr6 syncro box with peliquin front diff je low comp pistons putar rods haldex rear diff eip stage 2 race clutch custom pipework + 150 shot of nos i only built it to drive it hard its not an every day car as pops said when ever this motor hits the tarmac it gets thrashed !!!! thats wot i built it for

niiiiiice may i ask how much the clutch cost?